Smart Alec redesign!

As the proud owner of several of Tom's bags (I haven't made a signature, but I have an old Buzz, an old Smart Alec, a large Cafe bag, and a bunch of pouches), I am ashamed to say that I haven't checked back here in a while . . . and what to my wondering eyes shold appear but a redesigned Smart Alec!

I've been in the market for a new gym bag and the new Smart Alec looks just perfect. But just one question about the external bungie cord -- could it reasonably hold a pair of running shoes? Could the eyelets hold a heavier-duty cord for that purpose? I've never been able to find a gym bag that reasonably accommodates all the stuff I drag back and forth (as a pre-work gym-goer, I need to carry a fairly prodigious toiletry kit. I can stuff a lot into my current Smart Alec, but external storage would be a boon. The zippered inside pocket and water bottle holders are great updates too!

Keep up the great work . . . I'm also eyeing the new knitting bag to support my most-recently-acquired habit .

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks, leuvenator!

The bungee cord on the Smart Alec is plenty strong enough to hold your shoes and the loops of webbing that hold the bungee cord could accommodate a slightly heavier duty cord.

The problem? Your shoes might fall out. It's not that the cord is not strong enough: it's just that it's not quite the net that you might need to make sure your shoes stay there. That said, you could probably come up with some kind of solution, maybe involving looping the bungee through an eyelit on your shoe.

Does that help?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0