Packing cube size...a rookie needs help!

Hi, I'm looking at getting a Tom Bihn Aeronaut and a set of cubes to go with it. I wanted to ask about the size of the cubes.

My trips are pretty much business trips of 2 to 4 days, or leisure trips of up to a week.

I see that most of the cubes are 4 1/2" deep, and I'm wondering if that's ever TOO much room? I've also looked at the Eagle Creek cubes, and they seem to be more in the range of 2 1/2" to 3" deep. Do those of you who use them find that the TB cubes are a good size, or does your packing ever leave them half empty? My concern is that if the cube is half empty I would think the clothes would 'flop around', getting messed up and "wrinkley"? I guess I'm thinking about a weekend trip, and wondering if the cubes would work or if they're more of a potential problem then a help.

I really could use some help, I'm debating between the Aeronaut and the Air Boss...but I'm obviously leaning toward the TB bag.....

Any thoughts or comments would be MUCH appreciated!!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I usually pack my packing cubes full, but when I did leave them half or less empty, my clothes didn't get messed up or wrinkly. They didn't seem to shift position in the packing cubes at all.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

I agree, I've never had a problem with the packing cubes causing a problem due to being large. I think part of it is the Aeronaut is so well designed, it holds it's shape better than a loose duffel bag, which helps to prevent the shifting of packing cube contents.
    Proud owner of the sapphire/steel Buzz, crimson Aeronaut, steel/crimson Empire Builder, two Absolute Straps, steel Brain Cell, quarter convertible packing cube, and a variety of other packing cubes.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0