Breeders' Kelley Deal writing book about knitting bags!

Kelley Deal of The Breeders (and sister to one of the coolest bass players in rock history, Kim Deal of the Pixies) is writing a book on knitting bags. I thought maybe Tom could get her a Swift to be included. After all, what's more rock and roll than Tom Bihn?

We already knew that Kelley Deal rocked. The Breeders, her band with sister Kim, has been making some of the coolest music on the planet on and off for years.

And they aren't stopping any time soon: As previously reported, the new Breeders album Mountain Battles is out April 8 (the day before in the UK) on 4AD. It will be preceded by the single for "We're Gonna Rise", out March 17.

But did we know that Kelley Deal's bags rocked? No we didn't. Well, apparently they do, and she's writing a whole book about it! Bags That Rock: Knitting on the Road With Kelley Deal will be published by Lark this October. Here's the description:

"Tag along with Kelley Deal as she gives you a privileged backstage pass to her cool rock'n'roll world and her knitted bag obsession. Knitters of all skill levels will get to explore Kelley's stylish choices of fibers and gear and get the lowdown on bag-specific features. Get all the basics on felting, embroidery embellishments, and 20 fabulous projects, each with its own 'remix' variation."

Hot damn. Kelley Deal can kick my ass with a guitar and with a pair of knitting needles? I didn't think the Breeders could get any awesomer than they already were, but I think they just did.

Breeders news on Pitchfork
    Proud owner of the sapphire/steel Buzz, crimson Aeronaut, steel/crimson Empire Builder, two Absolute Straps, steel Brain Cell, quarter convertible packing cube, and a variety of other packing cubes.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thanks for alerting us, ellismc!!

Let's hope we can get ahold of Kelley and send her a Swift: that would be beyond cool.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes