Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The Ristretto looks really nice, but I'm disappointed to hear that the padded compartment won't fit a Thinkpad X61 (my laptop) according to the gottabemobile reviewer. The overall dimensions for the bag created false hope for me... :-(

Hopefully, other sizes will come sooner rather than later.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sapridyne View Post
    I just got this new bag yesterday. Tom Bihn is my favorite bag company… the attention to detail is amazing. I was concerned that it wouldn’t hold everything I needed, but I was wrong. It holds my MacBook Air, the power adapter, an Airport Express, my Verizon Aircard, a little bag of misc. cables and adapters, my Shure SE530 earbuds (another essential), a power extension for my power adapter, an ethernet cable, and a magazine for the subway — all with room to spare. One of the things I love about it is the number of plastic O-rings with whcih you can clip your keys and the little bags for quick access. GREAT JOB, TOM!
    The Ristretto is also Tom's current bag of choice: it fits his brand-new 13" MacBook quite well.

We're glad to hear that the Ristretto is working well for you!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by PanicKing View Post
    The Ristretto looks really nice, but I'm disappointed to hear that the padded compartment won't fit a Thinkpad X61 (my laptop) according to the gottabemobile reviewer. The overall dimensions for the bag created false hope for me... :-(

Hopefully, other sizes will come sooner rather than later.
    I'm confused how the X61 cannot fit since it has smaller dimensions than the 13" macbook and it is listed as fitting. I was planning on ordering one for my 700m, but am now wondering whether or not it would fit. I assumed since the 700m is smaller than the 13" macbook that it would fit fine.

HMI
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No specific date: but the factory is working on the Ristretto as I type. And we've just added new pictures of the Ristretto to the Ristretto page.
    Cheers,

I would have appreciated some full-bag pictures in the other color options as well as opposed to the tiny ones.

/Jan

HMI

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by HMI View Post
    Cheers,

I would have appreciated some full-bag pictures in the other color options as well as opposed to the tiny ones.

/Jan
    What the h**l .. who cares about colors anyway :-)

I just ordered a bunch of stuff and I will be happily awaiting my TB shipment. Although I might shed a tear whilst unpacking since I will know, that $55 is shipment cost alone. Guess I'll just have to pop over to the US more often :-)

Cheers,

Jan

Just received my Ristretto in plum and wasabi yesterday - great bag! I like that my MBA fits with the Incase neoprene sleeve I have for it as well as without it. (Yeah, I know it doesn't need the extra protection, but I'm still in ”precious“ mode with the MBA.)

This is one of those designs that is just right for me. I'm only sorry that I held off ordering it til after a workshop I went to a couple of weeks ago. It would have been perfect. At least I have it now for all future events.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0