Volunteer Moderator

should i get a small cafe bag?

hi folks,

i'm thinking about ordering a small cafe bag.

i am going on a trip to india next week. i have the large cafe bag, and i was going to carry it inside my aeronaut to use at my destination.

i'll want to carry a medium sized moleskine notebook, a pen, a canon g7 camera and a 1 litre water bottle with me whenever i am carrying this bag, and i'd like to use it for small things i may pick up at the market.

i used the large cafe bag for the same purpose on my last trip, and it worked out well. though, i felt that it was bigger than it needed to be most of the time i was carrying it.

my only concern is the height of the 1 litre water bottles.

what do you think? do you think i will be able to carry these items in the small cafe bag?

i need to place my order soon - i leave on wednesday of next week!

thanks,
    maverick

Volunteer Moderator
    I'm thinking a Medium Cafe Bag might work better, especially if you are picking things up from the market.

1 liter water + canon g7 might be a tight fit in the Small.

+1 on the medium versus small based on size.

(I originally bought a small for carting small music gear around. But the moment I added a water bottle, it became a tight squeeze. Of course, I was carrying around a big ol' pair of sennheiser headphones around, too. Still, I could only afford one bag at the time and the medium was pronounced winner.)
    ha! you just read my signature.

Volunteer Moderator
    hi guys,

i thought about the medium cafe, but it's so similar in size to the large cafe that i have, that i was having a hard time justifying the purchase. i really want something smaller, so i'm going to give the small cafe a try.

at the rate i drink water, and as hot as it's going to be there, i'll probably carry the water bottle in my hand anyway :-).

I have a medium and a small cafe bag, and I think the small may be a pretty tight fit for what you want to carry. I find that if a bag is too crammed, it makes it really hard to get out the item I want without everything else falling out of the bag also!

I have owned TB small, medium and large cafe bags. It seems
    to me that a medium cafe bag would best suit your basic
    requirements.
    Last edited by PM4HIRE; 03-08-2008 at 04:17 PM.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Quote Originally Posted by lingo View Post
    +1 on the medium versus small based on size.

(I originally bought a small for carting small music gear around. But the moment I added a water bottle, it became a tight squeeze. Of course, I was carrying around a big ol' pair of sennheiser headphones around, too. Still, I could only afford one bag at the time and the medium was pronounced winner.)
    I just ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD201 headphones myself ;p

I also want to support the Medium Cafe bag purchase (I also own a large cafe bag, and they have distinctly different uses in my mind.)

With my Medium Cafe, I usually carry:

1x Medium Moleskine
    1x SS Pen
    1x Tide Pen (yep, for stains.)
    1x Cell Phone
    1x Meizu M6 (best DAP on the market)
    1x V-Moda Vibe earbud pouch (buds inside)
    1x Digital Camera
    1x Paperback Book

There is very likely still room in there for your liter of water and whatever nick nacks you pick up at market.

Also, I just recently purchased a Kit bag to go from one bag to another on quick notice (this is a great spot for your digicam and any tech/dap accessories.) I would strongly recommend picking up one of these to get that "extra organization" inside your cafe bag.

Hope that helps!

Volunteer Moderator
    hey guys,

thank you all for your advice! it looks like the medium cafe is the way to go.

i ordered a small cafe, and it's arriving today. if it seems too small, i can still take the large cafe bag.

i'm sure i'll end up getting the medium at some point .

maverick

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0