Where to purchase in NYC?

Anyone know where Tom Bihn bags are sold in NYC, preferably downtown near soho? I'd like to check them out in person before purchasing. Thanks.

bag preview in New York

I would guess that the only way to see a Tom Bihn bag in New York is on somebody who bought one by mail or in Seattle.

If you can come to Union Square during the week, I'll meet you at Joe's on 13th Street and show you my Smart Alec (which is being redesigned; I expect to experience buyer's remorse when the NEW, IMPROVED Smart Alec that doesn't fall over comes out). It's heavy when you pick it up, but the waist and sternum straps make it surprisingly easy to carry. I will never buy another backpack without a waist strap.

Or, if other New Yorkers want to get together, we could have a party and admire each others' bags.

They're only sold online, or in the Seattle retail store. Tom Bihn does have a nice return policy (which I have used) so you can always buy a few bags and return what you don't like.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    If you can come to Union Square during the week, I'll meet you at Joe's on 13th Street and show you my Smart Alec.......
    Or, if other New Yorkers want to get together, we could have a party and admire each others' bags.
    That's a very cool idea!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

A TB get together in NYC! I'd love to get to Union Square for that!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

I, too, think this would be great fun! I got my first Tom Bihn bag when I moved here to NYC, and in that time, I have amassed a small collection of bags... medium cafe bag, tote, swift, brain cell, ego, all three shoulder straps, and a few pouches.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    That's such a cool idea: we'll talk about it over here at TOM BIHN. Maybe we can help!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

sure, start this planning when it's unlikely I'll be able to get the couple hours south... I see how it is

I saw my first TB bag @ Penn Station as I was running for a train one day. Funny thing, NYC (metro/Amtrak) is the only place where I've had people comment on my TB bags.

almost got accosted (exaggeration) when I was sporting my new Western Flyer. Guy stopped me and just had to know about the bag. Matches my Zephyr which he also thought was cool...

Get together ~ post details and if I'm in town, I'll stop by....

I'm ready to meet! I say we go to Madison Square Park on 23rd between Madison Avenue, and Park, and meet at the The Shake Shack.

Decent food, and hey, they have a webcam! maybe we can all get on with our TB bags!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    I saw my first TB bag @ Penn Station as I was running for a train one day. Funny thing, NYC (metro/Amtrak) is the only place where I've had people comment on my TB bags.
    On my last trip to the Dallas/Fort Worth airport I kept my eye out for TB bags and I was a bit upset to only see one. I keep reading stories about people seeing more of them and/or getting asked about their bags. You would think with all the traffic at the DFW airport I'd get to see more of them. I'll just have to keep looking.

I have not actually ever noticed anyone else with a TB bag. I have really only been asked about mine once; by a woman in my building.
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

I'm also in the NY metro area, and I can easily remember the few times I've seen a Tom Bihn bag --- someone with a Brain Bag out in Stony Brook University in Long Island, someone with a Smart Alec in Penn Station, and just last week someone with a Brain Cell on a Metro North train to Grand Central.

I've never seen a Super Ego besides mine.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0