Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom's finishing the really cool water bottle pocket design, and the organizer pockets. It's coming along. I think once you see it you'll be glad he didn't rush it: it's a great bag made even better.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm so excited about the new Smart Alec. Basically it's my solution to avoid buying a Macbook Air: if I have a way of carrying around my existing heavier (and faster) laptop that is more comfortable than my messenger bag then I will have found a more economical way of satisfying the portability lust that the Macbook Air has inspired I understand that it can take a while to design something great though, so I'll be waiting patiently!

Any color combinations planned out already? I would love a Smart Alec backpack with some kind of purple somewhere!!!

My back is killing me . . .

from using an el-cheapo backpack I got many years ago. I'd really like to move up to a Smart Alec. I understand that Good Things Take Time, but please, is there any word on when the new Smart Alec will be available?

The Smart Alec Backpack: Q&A

The Smart Alec is almost here. It will probably be available for pre-order by the end of this week.

I used the new Smart Alec and the Aeronaut as my two carry-on bags on a recent trip. There's a new feature on the Smart Alec that I think definitely made it easier for me to make the bag look smaller so that it was accepted as my "personal item" on the flight. And it fit under the seat in front of me on the airplane perfectly. It was an already great bag that's even better: I can't wait for you to see it!
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-26-2008 at 12:02 PM.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I can't wait for you to see it!
    aww darcy! can you post some pictures? we can't wait to see it! this is torture!!!

You'll see pictures when it is available for pre-order.

Any updates for eager Smart Alec fans this week, Darcy?

Thank you!

The Smart Alec page has been updated with new pictures, descriptions of the new features, and....the ability to pre-order with a shipping date of mid-May!

Plus, there are a few Smart Alecs available in Black/Kiwi, Black/Hunter, and Black/Grape....

The redesign looks great. The hiding water bottle pocket is neat and I like the ability to completely remove the waist strap. Ordered! Now I just have to wait for it to ship in May…

Nice redesign. I like the Dyneema, the closed inside pockets an the water bottle pocket. I'm less enthousiastic about the cord.

Looks very nice! I like all those pockets and the bungee - great for carrying odd size things! I'll have to check it out next time I am near the shop.

We have one sample of the new Smart Alec in Black/Crimson available for folks to look at in the Seattle store. (But it's not for sale!)

Bee-u-tiful redo on the Smarter Alec. Thanks Tom for tempting me with yet another TB Bag. Now I'm not gonna be happy until I have one. tee hee.
    And great photos, Darcy! Kudos again to the team!
    Another happy owner of the Aeronaut, Sm & Lg packing cube, convertible packing cube, Absolute packing strap. Also travel with Ballistic Imago w/2 sm organizer pouches and style kit. Swift with extra key straps, organizer pouches and my quarter packing cube. Holiday Med. Ultrasuede® pouch, all 3 sizes of Stuff Bags, various key straps. I love them all!

Joy
    Oh it looks amazing! I love the redesign! Looks like a good looking bag is now much more usefully designed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0