Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Have you ordered your MacBook Air yet?
    No - I'm waiting to play with it in the store, but everything about it sounds great. I felt uneasy about the non-replaceable battery at first, but it occurs to me that I hardly ever pull the battery out of my Macbook Pro, and I don't have an extra battery for the Macbook. I had gotten the second battery for the Macbook Pro when I took a business trip to India. I thought it would be good for the long haul flights. However, I don't use the computer for that long on a flight anyway .

I have a Macbook right now (my personal machine), and the Macbook Air would replace that.

By the way, I hope no one is offended by my last post :-o.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    But wait! Do you see the tension building?... what will we name all the clones? how many clones should there be? how do we tell the different clones apart? what if one of the clones decides he wants to take over Tom's position? how will we know who the real Tom is? where are they all going to stay?
    I think the real question is what color combinations the clones will come in.
    Cayenne/Olive/Plum or Kelly/Navy/Sapphire?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I think the real question is what color combinations the clones will come in.
    Cayenne/Olive/Plum or Kelly/Navy/Sapphire?
    The real question for me would be whether we could order our own personal Tom Bihn clone... It would be really handy to have a clone ready to make customized bags at a moment's notice.

I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of the new Ristretto. I may need to get one even though my 12" Lenovo notebook should be "accidentally" dropped and replaced with a Macbook Air
    Last edited by PanicKing; 01-16-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicKing View Post
    The real question for me would be whether we could order our own personal Tom Bihn clone... It would be really handy to have a clone ready to make customized bags at a moment's notice.
    this could get really messy! have you seen how UPS handles your boxes???

Imagine getting this on your doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    this could get really messy! have you seen how UPS handles your boxes???

(Song to compliment the above photograph.)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

LOL, I almost ruined my laptop spitting out my coffee when I got to this post!
    Excellent!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Hello, is there any update on this bag-
    I notice shipping is now March? Is that correct?
    Will any colour selection ship on time, or should I select a particular colour?
    Will there be a matching sleeve ready for shipping at the same time, or is the protection in the Ristretto sufficient without a sleeve?
    Is there any sort of 'grab handle' on the bag, ie pick up without using the strap?

Anyway, I'm ordering as soon as I can clear this up, hoping to sing the praises of the Ristretto to the MBA owners asap.

Quote Originally Posted by beancurd View Post
    I notice shipping is now March? Is that correct?
    The Ristretto will ship by early March at the latest. I'll most likely be posting pictures of the Ristretto holding a 13" MacBook tomorrow!

Will any colour selection ship on time, or should I select a particular colour?
    Olive/Cayenne will be the slowest color to ship.

Will there be a matching sleeve ready for shipping at the same time, or is the protection in the Ristretto sufficient without a sleeve?
    No matching sleeve: the Ristretto has built-in protection.

Is there any sort of 'grab handle' on the bag, ie pick up without using the strap?
    Yes! Pictures tomorrow.

Imago?

Has anyone had a chance to toss an Air into an Imago? I'm waffling between that and the ID (ID has handles, Imago comes with cork, yadda yadda) and would love to know how well an unsleeved Air fits.

Cool, I shall eagerly wait for pics, then order. It's a tiny beast, and a small bag is just the home it needs.

Quote Originally Posted by phobia View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to toss an Air into an Imago? I'm waffling between that and the ID (ID has handles, Imago comes with cork, yadda yadda) and would love to know how well an unsleeved Air fits.
    A customer brought an Air into our Seattle store yesterday. He didn't put it inside of the Imago, but it would definitely fit. However, I wouldn't recommend putting the Air in the Imago by itself -- if you want to carry your Air in the Imago and you don't want to wait for Tom's new sleeve design for the Air, you might consider using a Size 6 Horizontal Soft Cell to house your Air inside of the Imago. The Size 6 is going to be a bit big for your Air since it's sized for the MacBook, but it would be better than no protection.

Awesome. Now I just have to agonize over colours!

I think a bubble-padded mail envelope covered in duct tape will be just the right sort of chic. After all, isn't the point of the SSD that we don't have to baby them?

I saw this thread and the blog post about the new size 6x Brain Cell, but it looks like the Vertical isn't available for preorder. Are there any plans to include that in the lineup in the nearish future as advertised? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by josheroo View Post
    I saw this thread and the blog post about the new size 6x Brain Cell, but it looks like the Vertical isn't available for preorder. Are there any plans to include that in the lineup in the nearish future as advertised? Thanks!
    Maybe: the Size 6X Horizontal Brain Cell fits well inside of the Brain Bag and most other backpacks, so until we see a need for a Vertical version to fit in more narrow packs, we'll only make it in Horizontal.

The Ristretto will ship by early March at the latest. I'll most likely be posting pictures of the Ristretto holding a 13" MacBook tomorrow! ... Yes! Pictures tomorrow.
    Not to complain too much, as I've already pre-ordered, but are these pics going up on the site at any point?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0