How do you tell the world about Tom Bihn?

In addition to merely carrying the bags and evangelizing fellow travelers, I wondered if others express their fondness for Tom's products in public forums. Prior to this Christmas, I had always maintained an Amazon list for relatives purchasing gifts. However, I never liked the fact that I couldn't include items from other sites. Enter www.Kaboodle.com! Now I can tell the world not only about all the great Tom Bihn items I want, but also about all the Tom Bihn items I can't live without! I see I'm not the only one who expresses my TB love there, so it's nice to see others spreading the word. To see my two lists, click here:

My wish list

Things I can't live without

How do you share the love?
    Proud owner of the sapphire/steel Buzz, crimson Aeronaut, steel/crimson Empire Builder, two Absolute Straps, steel Brain Cell, quarter convertible packing cube, and a variety of other packing cubes.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    That's cool: I haven't used Kaboodle yet but I think I'll sign up. I like how clean the design is.

A lot of people tell us that they found us through various online forums (and sites like Kaboodle). That means a lot to us.

I am curious if/when we will show up on Wikipedia and what the entry about us will say!

Edited to add: maybe it would be fun to start a Kaboodle profile that links to all of the stuff recommended in this thread.
    Last edited by Darcy; 01-18-2008 at 04:35 PM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm not the only person whose given numerous Tom Bihn recommendations to queries on Ask Metafilter.

Tom Binh bags have also been posted on Wists.com

Quote Originally Posted by ellismc View Post
    In addition to merely carrying the bags and evangelizing fellow travelers, I wondered if others express their fondness for Tom's products in public forums. Prior to this Christmas, I had always maintained an Amazon list for relatives purchasing gifts.
    Speaking of Amazon, has Tom Bihn ever considered selling bags through Amazon, whose HQ is also in Seattle?

Democracy Now sells the medium cafe bag.

I found Tom Bihn bags through forum postings when I was searching for a
    guide bag.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

I belong to some online fiber arts communities and whenever I see a post where someone is looking for a knitting/crafts bag, I jump right in there with my praises of Tom Bihn!
    Happy owner of a medium cocoa Cafe, small plum Cafe, plum/green Utility Tote, black/purple Lux, mini cork pouch, mini kiwi pouch, mini clear pouch, small blue pouch, assorted key straps, prototype Stuff Sacks, and navy/storm/sapphire Imago!

Quote Originally Posted by djca View Post
    Speaking of Amazon, has Tom Bihn ever considered selling bags through Amazon, whose HQ is also in Seattle?
    We did for a little while! It turned out not to be right for us at the time we tried it.

Our Seattle headquarters are within walking distance of Amazon's offices.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

ThisNext is a cool site I've just joined.

I just yap my head off about the bags while carrying them around which is always and while I am online in forums, chats etc...

Now all I need is to put the pictures of my bags on Facebook! Lol

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0