Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Great solution to reduce noise!!

I received mine today, and I'm going to install them as ratdeau suggests.
    BTW, I use the figure 8 knots on my outdoor coats, they work great and are not as big as you think when you cinch them down tight.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Volunteer Moderator

Exclamation Western Flyer cord pull

Hi, I was just zipping up my Western Flyer (leaving on a trip tomorrow morning!), and the cord pull came off! Is there a quick fix for this? I can't seem to get the two plastic pieces to come apart to shove the cord back in... maybe I'm doing it wrong?

IIRC, there is a small slot in the side of the plastic parts. If you slip a knife or small screwdriver in there, you should be able to pop the halves apart.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Hi, I was just zipping up my Western Flyer (leaving on a trip tomorrow morning!), and the cord pull came off! Is there a quick fix for this? I can't seem to get the two plastic pieces to come apart to shove the cord back in... maybe I'm doing it wrong?
    I'm sorry about that, Just. Can we send a couple of replacements to your destination? If so, email me the address. It is possible to get the pulls apart and put them back together, but it's difficult.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    IIRC, there is a small slot in the side of the plastic parts. If you slip a knife or small screwdriver in there, you should be able to pop the halves apart.
    Thanks! That worked. Although as Darcy said, it's a bit difficult.. it seemed that you have to angle the nail file, in my case, in the total counter-intuitive way to get them to separate.

Darcy, thanks for the offer, but I'm a bit on the move Hopping around Japan, then Taiwan, then Shanghai, Qingdao, Beijing, etc. As I mentioned on Twitter, I'm taking about 20 Tom Bihn products with me (and still carry-on only! well, I had to check the Western Flyer because I was bringing BBQ sauce, but it would have worked!)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Darcy, thanks for the offer, but I'm a bit on the move Hopping around Japan, then Taiwan, then Shanghai, Qingdao, Beijing, etc. As I mentioned on Twitter, I'm taking about 20 Tom Bihn products with me (and still carry-on only! well, I had to check the Western Flyer because I was bringing BBQ sauce, but it would have worked!)
    That sounds like a great trip. Any pictures?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I always travel with a keychain made of paracord for just these types of emergencies. You may not have any paracord on you, but if you can find a bit of cord, rope, shoelace, or even dental floss in a pinch you can fashion a relatively handy cord pull out of that by just looping it through and tying a largish knot.

The best knot for this is made by tying a "doubled up" overhand knot or a doubled up figure 8 knot. There are animated instructions at the link below, just substitute the loose ends rather than the looped end and you should be fine. I've used this fix before when I was in a similar situation.

http://www.animatedknots.com/fig8loo...matedknots.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0