Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Thread: XPS M1330

Gus

XPS M1330

Does anyone here have this particular laptop? How do you transport it?

Mine hasn't arrived (coming this week!) but I know that it has very interesting dimensions (esp with a 9 cell battery). It is a wedge shaped laptop whose high capacity battery extends down, creating an ergonomically pleasant keyboard, yet making it very difficult to find a case that fits it.

I have an ego bag and want to purchase a brain cell to protect the new toy.

Dimensions
    6 cell 12.5" x 9.4" x 0.87" - 1.33"
    9 cell 12.5" x 9.4" x 0.87" - 1.8"

As you can see, it makes a pretty large difference on what bag it will fit. My laptop is coming with both a 6 and a 9 cell battery. Do I try to find a braincell that fits the 9 cell, or just travel with the 6 and carry the 9 separately?

Thoughts?

I would buy a Brain Cell to fit the larger laptop dimensions.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

I work at Tom Bihn
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I have an ego bag and want to purchase a brain cell to protect the new toy.

Dimensions
    6 cell 12.5" x 9.4" x 0.87" - 1.33"
    9 cell 12.5" x 9.4" x 0.87" - 1.8"

As you can see, it makes a pretty large difference on what bag it will fit. My laptop is coming with both a 6 and a 9 cell battery. Do I try to find a braincell that fits the 9 cell, or just travel with the 6 and carry the 9 separately?

Thoughts?
    Most of our cases work fairly well with the larger batteries. The wedge shape of the laptop doesn't compromise the protection it receives in the Brain Cell as the brain cell has a nice padded layer inside which keeps your laptop nice and snug. If you carry it with the 6 cell battery it would fit well in the 6T which has interior dimensions of 12.4 10.0 1.3 inches. If you want to carry it with the larger battery at times and want a case that will protect well no matter which battery you choose to carry the laptop with, you should check out the size 3S which has dimensions of 13.0 10.3 1.7 inches. I think you'll find that the snugness in the the thickness dimension (1.7) will actually help make your laptop feel more secure when it's inside this slightly larger case, but keep in mind it would definitely be slightly large if carrying with the 6 cell battery; Though this shouldn't impact the protection factor because it's still a decent fit, it will feel a little loose inside the case.

Hope this helps!!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0