Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We recently sent a prototype Small Cafe Bag with a built-in padded pocket (a bag design similar to the Ristretto) sized for the EEE PC to forum member cwhit for testing. You can view her pictures of the bag (and read her comments) here. (That link goes to a Flickr photo set that cwhit posted in this thread.)

As for a Brain Cell: with something as small (and inexpensive) as the EEE PC, would you still want the protection that the Brain Cell provides?

Tom is designing a new type of Soft Cell for the MacBook Air, and I think this new type of soft sleeve would be what we would offer for the EEE, too.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I agree, Darcy. A Brain Cell would be overkill for the Eee. But a new type of Soft Cell -- that sounds promising.

Any chance of it having cordura on the outside so there would be some color choices?

Quote Originally Posted by gmich View Post
    Any chance of it having cordura on the outside so there would be some color choices?
    Maybe, but probably not. Maybe a trim color, though.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I like that bag

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook U810, would that small padded cafe bag work with it?

I made a bag for it since it is an odd size.
    Here are a few pics of what I knocked out one afternoon. Exterior is 10oz Cotton Duck and the interior is Ultrasuede.

I noticed Tom must be in a creative mood lately, more new models of bags and pouches in the last 6 months than I have seen in a few years. Not that I am complaining!! =)

thax
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by thax View Post
    I have a Fujitsu Lifebook U810, would that small padded cafe bag work with it?
    Yes. Your U810 is 6.73" (W) x 5.24" (D) x 1.04 - 1.26" (H), right? Then it should fit.

Nice sleeve!

Well, I bought an Eee last week -- which I'm really liking, by the way -- so I was wondering how far off in the distance a stand-alone soft cell for the Eee might be. The neoprene sleeve that comes with it protects against scratches, but it has no padding at all, so it would be great to have a TB sleeve with at least a little more padding (but not much more weight) to it. Is this something that will happen in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by gmich View Post
    Well, I bought an Eee last week -- which I'm really liking, by the way -- so I was wondering how far off in the distance a stand-alone soft cell for the Eee might be. The neoprene sleeve that comes with it protects against scratches, but it has no padding at all, so it would be great to have a TB sleeve with at least a little more padding (but not much more weight) to it. Is this something that will happen in the near future?
    I agree. My eee should be arriving today and I'm looking forward to trying it out. A TB sleeve would be great.

Did you know it's really simply to make your Eee a touch screen system...for about $35...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8-BbOWVgXg

That guy is a true believer hacker w/o a doubt. But the mod is EASY.

Just a side note (pun intended), the Eee PC fits great into the side pocket of the Aeronaut.

Here's some pics:
    http://onebagger.squarespace.com/blo...us-eee-pc.html
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

iPhone or iTouch

Instead of a laptop, I wish I could use a foldable keyboard with an iPhone or iTouch. Hello, Apple?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We recently sent a prototype Small Cafe Bag with a built-in padded pocket (a bag design similar to the Ristretto) sized for the EEE PC to forum member cwhit for testing. You can view her pictures of the bag (and read her comments) here. (That link goes to a Flickr photo set that cwhit posted in this thread.)

As for a Brain Cell: with something as small (and inexpensive) as the EEE PC, would you still want the protection that the Brain Cell provides?

Tom is designing a new type of Soft Cell for the MacBook Air, and I think this new type of soft sleeve would be what we would offer for the EEE, too.
    Cafe bags(especially the small one) strike me as feminine-style looking, although I guess I would have to see one in person to determine for sure.

I used an Eee pc for much of this semester, but I just placed it inside the ID bag(sleeved).

So the eee won't fit into the ristretto? Maybe the pictures aren't clear but I like the way the ristretto looks better. I'll be buying the eee from a friend who plans to upgrade the atom version when it's released.

david_litt
    Hello, EEEPC Skin Covers offer companies a another way to capture consumers attention and mind share. These skin covers not only protect but also provides great look to your device. I want to have such unique skin cover with funky look.

EEEPC Skin Covers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0