Smile Cafe Bag / New Colors

Hi guys. Quick question about colors. A friend at work saw my pine/wasabi medium cafe bag and posed an interesting question. She wants to know if you can make the bag with the interior material on the outside. She would love to have it in Wasabi with a pine interior. I told her I would ask.
    Proud user of Tom Bihn products since 2005.

Volunteer Moderator
    1) They use different material for the bag vs. the lining: 1000 denier Cordura vs. 500 denier Cordura.

2) Moot point anyway, as Darcy said in a previous post, there is apparently no more pine fabric.

=(

Too bad about Pine not being available anymore, I really liked it.

Out of curiosity, will the Medium Cafe Bag be available in any other colors in the near future (specifically Black/Wasabi)?
    Last edited by judge; 12-20-2007 at 01:45 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The Medium Cafe Bag will be available in 2008 in Black/Cayenne -- a very, very nice color combination.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Will you be restocking or adding to the colors of the small cafe bag? If so, do you expect the new colors before the "mini" cafe bag is ready?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnopfile View Post
    Will you be restocking or adding to the colors of the small cafe bag? If so, do you expect the new colors before the "mini" cafe bag is ready?
    The Small, Medium, and Large will be available in the colors you're now able to select in the drop-down menu on their pages for the foreseeable future. We might consider making the Mini Cafe Bag in Pink or Storm -- depending on how those two colors do in the Swift.

Why do you ask? Any suggestions?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I would buy a mini-cafe in pink, but I won't be getting a Swift. It's just not a bag I have a use for, and Pink and black are too stark for me (although, I haven't seen any pictures).
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

So I asked a very broad question in a poor attempt to not seem too picky. So now the real issue: Love the cocoa, but the only cocoa bag on the drop down menu is cocoa/wasabi even though there's a photo of the small bag in cocoa/steel. Also love the steel/deep blue, but, alas, it is no longer on the drop down menu either.

I'd go ahead and get the cocoa/wasabi, but wasabi just isn't workable for those of us who find themselves in the non-green non-bright camp. Tried to branch out into the "brights" with the lovely sapphire/olive (bright AND green), but after a few weeks it still felt foreign and is now looking for a new home. (It's had plenty of offers, but one can't just hand out a Tom Binh bag without checking references and doing interviews, can one?)

Cocoa & plum or navy or steel or olive (see I do go out on a green limb now and again) would be great. Steel & deep blue or plum or black or navy would be great.....you must dread these boring color suggestions, no? Ignore them, it's 3 am and I'm a bit loopy.

If the pull-down list is stable, i'll attempt to bear my karma without further complaint.

I have a sister-in-law that would flip over cocoa/pink. That's actually a pretty fashionable color combo. Coach bags had a cloth hobo style satchel that was cocoa and pink and she loved it.
    Anyway, I just picked up 3 cafe bags (wife, daughter, mother) when I ordered a new Brain Cell for my new laptop (great excuse to buy gifts under the radar). My sister-in-law's birthday is over the winter holiday's season. Since I'm an early buyer - I'd get her the cocoa/pink and hold it till that day of (guess that's why I'm the favorite brother / son-in-law).
    Hey, getting on the "in-laws" good side takes work!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

That reminds me of what a great combo cocoa and light blue is.

cocoa & light blue cocoa & navy cocoa & light blue cocoa & navy.....

would it be possible to have a colour as rich as plum but that leans more toward maroon than purple?

btw, do the last two images of the large cafe bag (a and b) have an olive or steel exterior?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The Small, Medium, and Large will be available in the colors you're now able to select in the drop-down menu on their pages for the foreseeable future. We might consider making the Mini Cafe Bag in Pink or Storm -- depending on how those two colors do in the Swift.

Why do you ask? Any suggestions?
    Oh that's sooo greeeat thanks Darcy!
    We also neeeeed a mini cafe bag in plum or saphire

Being an enormous pest, I would love a Pink/Steel and a Storm/Black Swift but I am sure you already knew that.

It would provide a softer contrast for pink and a stronger one for storm.

Thanks for making such great bags! Where else are first pictures of bags eagerly anticipated?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0