Volunteer Moderator

Color options for Packing Cubes?

The new Blog Announcement of Sapphire and White color options for the Yarn Stuff Sack raises the question of whether this will be an option for the Packing Cubes, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes, and Convertible Packing Cubes?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Right now, we only have enough of the Sapphire/White Dyneema to make Yarn Stuff Sacks.

That said, the Sapphire/White Dyneema looks so good (and we've received many requests for colored Dyneema from folks like you, moriond) that Tom is considering adding one or two extra colors of Dyneema.

Any votes for color? The second color will always be white. Possibilities include: Cayenne/White, Sapphire/White, Wasabi/White, Crimson/White, Green/White.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I'm still holding out for Burnt Orange. I'd love Wasabi/White; but I agree that Sapphire/White is a very nice combo.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

I think anything bright would be a good idea. It makes it easier to spot stuff in the bag when there's a bright background like white.

Don't forget the lightweight Utility Tote style shopping bag
    In Sapphire/White it would be perfect
    Last edited by ratdeau; 12-06-2007 at 01:43 AM.

Sapphire/white is a winning combo.

Also could it be possible to have a purple and/or pink available in Dyneema.

Because it is made in Japan, I am certain that the makers of Dyneema have some girly colors already in stock or in the works.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdeau View Post
    Don't forget the lightweight Utility Tote style shopping bag
    In Sapphire/White it would be perfect
    I was thinking about the lightweight Utility Tote, too, when I started this thread. For accessory bags, pouches, and totes, I like the sapphire/white combination. The other context where the color issue came up was my post on A lighter color version of dyneema? where I asked about the possibility of using lighter combinations for the interior of bags like the Aeronaut, and the pockets of the Lux and the Swift. Wasabi/White would be a good interior color, and it would go well with Hunter Green (now being discontinued), but not so well with Crimson, I think. Maybe Crimson/White would be a possibilty there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Sorry, no luck here: we're out of the Hunter fabric, and there will be no more of it.

I'd vote for crimson and white to match my crimson Aeronaut... although the blue is pretty cool too.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    I'd vote for crimson and white to match my crimson Aeronaut... although the blue is pretty cool too.
    Interestingly, we've heard that Crimson doesn't work well in the Dyneema because the white grid pattern plays a visual trick on you, making the Crimson look pink instead of red.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Because it is made in Japan, I am certain that the makers of Dyneema have some girly colors already in stock or in the works.
    Sadly, there is no stock Dyneema that we can get from Japan. The Dyneema we buy is made for us.

Maybe someday we can do a magenta Dyneema! But right now, blue/sapphire is the color in the lead.

Possibilities include: Cayenne/White, Sapphire/White, Wasabi/White, Crimson/White, Green/White.
    Cayenne and Wasabi would both be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Interestingly, we've heard that Crimson doesn't work well in the Dyneema because the white grid pattern plays a visual trick on you, making the Crimson look pink instead of red.
    Yeah, I think I could picture that in my head... pink would not work so well for me
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Darcy: "Any votes for color? The second color will always be white. Possibilities include: Cayenne/White, Sapphire/White, Wasabi/White, Crimson/White, Green/White."

Ok, I cast my ballot for 1st Green/White; 2nd to Cayene/White.

Many knitters have more than one project going so it would be great to distinguish between multiple stuff sacks.
    Another happy owner of the Aeronaut, Sm & Lg packing cube, convertible packing cube, Absolute packing strap. Also travel with Ballistic Imago w/2 sm organizer pouches and style kit. Swift with extra key straps, organizer pouches and my quarter packing cube. Holiday Med. Ultrasuede® pouch, all 3 sizes of Stuff Bags, various key straps. I love them all!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0