Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Will there be a claymation movie of the designing and assembly of the Synapse? Please please? It could be just like the clay-worm interludes I used to watch on Sesame Street. I couldn't find the worms but here are balls of clay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbelQrm-dL4

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Update on the Synapse: Tom is currently making clay models of the new pockets.

We might be able to snap a few casual pictures of the Synapse in use soon. What kind of pictures would you like to see of it?

I am sure I am showing my ignorance of design processes here, but, how does making a clay model of pockets on a bag work or help in the design of a bag? I guess I can see how it might help with the "look" of the bag but I don't see how it can help get a feel for the utility of a pocket in a given spot.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Yea the clay model thing is for the over-all look and drape of the bag, but that's all tied in to the utility too: the bag has to look good and work good too!

Has it been decided yet whether or not a small (say, size 5 or 7) Brain Cell will fit into the Synapse, and if so, will the bag have the loops so the Brain Cell can be clipped in? As smaller laptops like the Eee and the HP 2133 become more popular, it seems this would be a good option.

What are the chances that the Synapse will be available by early-mid July?

Can we see some pictures? =) I'm at the point where I might need to start looking for an alternative (if only temporary) because I don't have a usable backpack at all right now and I really need one. My imago isn't big enough to hold what I need it to and the lunches I now pack to take to work with me and it's awkward carrying two bags that sling over my shoulders.

Speaking of packed lunches... Any chance ever of a Tom Bihn insulated lunch bag?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Sooner than you think you'll have pictures of the Synapse and a few other things that I think you will like.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Sooner than you think you'll have pictures of the Synapse and a few other things that I think you will like.
    Now you're just toying with our expectations!

As the previous poster said, count me in for a lunch bag too.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Looks fantastic. I'm sure that I'll find a way to justify getting one of these once they're available...

I'm liking the external pockets. Fun.

Thanks for the update.
    ha! you just read my signature.

It looks beautiful! And I love the external pockets, and I'm very happy to hear it fits a 15" laptop, which means it'll fit my 12.1" laptop.

(am I the only one who's noticed that it looks a bit like a frowny face? ie =( but more spaced out eyes? )

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    (am I the only one who's noticed that it looks a bit like a frowny face? ie =( but more spaced out eyes? )
    LOL! I didn't notice that until you mentioned it, but now that I do, I like it EVEN MORE!

Talking When can we pre-order?

Great pictures of the bag. Cannot wait to get one.
    Proud user of Tom Bihn products since 2005.

Love it. I like that the external pocket holds a bottle as well. I've been ready to order for a while but now that I've actually seen it the only difficult part is choosing a color.

Looks cool. I'm anxious to hear the details and when they'll be available.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0