Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Any possibility of wasabi? My other bags have wasabi or maybe it's kiwi somewhere on them and I still love that color.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    Any possibility of wasabi? My other bags have wasabi or maybe it's kiwi somewhere on them and I still love that color.
    No: our Wasabi is 500d Cordura. We use 500d Cordura as a lining fabric and only as an exterior fabric on bags that are most likely to be used as bags inside of other bags most of the time. 500d Cordura is certainly extremely tough stuff -- but it doesn't have the body that 1000d Cordura or 1050d ballistic nylon do that help bags maintain their shapes.

Maybe someday we'll have a 1000d Cordura in Wasabi, but not right now.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

What about kiwi? I think my Lux is 1050 ballistic nylon and it's a lovely kiwi color. Or is that color not an option for the 1000 cordura?

Sadly, the Kiwi ballistic nylon is no longer available, and it isn't a color option for 1000d Cordura.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

So... Any new news?

Tom's making adjustments to the front pockets: stay tuned!! There's cool things to come like a better water bottle pocket, more organization, etc.
    The Synapse is his #1 design priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tom's making adjustments to the front pockets: stay tuned!! There's cool things to come like a better water bottle pocket, more organization, etc.
    Yay! That's happy to hear =) I recently figured out what I'm doing next year and though I won't be a student anymore, I'll have a job where I can still use a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Yay! That's happy to hear =) I recently figured out what I'm doing next year and though I won't be a student anymore, I'll have a job where I can still use a backpack.
    That's great!! Congratulations on your new position.

That's great!! Congratulations on your new position.
    Thank you!

Wonderful!!!I'm looking forward to it's final release. And finding out what colors it will come in. I'm thinking of getting the aeronaut before all the breve's are gone (in spite of the color) but the synapse is top of my want list. I'm ready to preorder as soon as that's an option.

Volunteer Moderator

A Synapse in Plum?

While we're waiting for the first pictures and for the preorder information on the Synapse to come out, I thought I'd make an advance request for colors. Yesterday's NY Times had this article on how Plum, the Color, Is Having Its Star Turn. Just a suggestion, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    While we're waiting for the first pictures and for the preorder information on the Synapse to come out, I thought I'd make an advance request for colors. Yesterday's NY Times had this article on how Plum, the Color, Is Having Its Star Turn. Just a suggestion, you know.
    That's great, moriond! Thanks for posting a link to that article. You'll be happy to hear that we've just ordered more Plum.

Update on the Synapse: Tom is currently making clay models of the new pockets.

We might be able to snap a few casual pictures of the Synapse in use soon. What kind of pictures would you like to see of it?

Update on the Synapse: Tom is currently making clay models of the new pockets.

We might be able to snap a few casual pictures of the Synapse in use soon. What kind of pictures would you like to see of it?
    Clay models?

Any pictures would be wonderful, but pictures of it on different heights of people would be great, as would be pictures of it with stuff inside it to get an idea of scale and what it can hold.

I agree that pictures of the Synapse with items either in it or next to it to gain some perspective on its relative size would be great. Maybe a shot of it next to either a Brain Bag or a Smart Alec, too.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0