Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Around $100-$120
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Any update on the synapse? Pictures? Colors? Due date etc.

Joy
    Yes, when's it coming!! I need to see it before deciding on the new Smart Alec or not.

The answers to those questions (and many more) are not far off.

I used the Synapse again recently (on a long snowshoe hike). It's so comfortable, and the pockets are so incredibly useful.

The exterior of the Synapse will be 1000 denier Cordura so possible colors are: Plum, Black, Steel, Navy, Kelly, Olive, Pink, Storm, Crimson, Cocoa, Sapphire.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Any idea on the rough dimensions and/or volume? Will it have a single-color exterior?

Quote Originally Posted by slinstar View Post
    Any idea on the rough dimensions and/or volume? Will it have a single-color exterior?
    Single color exterior would actually be really nice. I've found that a lot of the time it's not that I don't like the individual colors. I just don't like the combinations (for example, I really like steel, but I don't like steel combined with any color but black).

As for dimensions/volume:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Synapse

18 liters/1100 cu.in.

Breakdown:
    Main compartment 15 liters/900 cu.in;
    Front pocket upper 2 liters/150 cu. in.;
    front pocket lower 1 liter/50 cu.in.

When will we be able to preorder? (Sorry if I missed it in the thread.) I'd like one in plum, please.

(I keep checking these forums just to see if it's been released. I so want one.)

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Single color exterior would actually be really nice. I've found that a lot of the time it's not that I don't like the individual colors. I just don't like the combinations (for example, I really like steel, but I don't like steel combined with any color but black).

As for dimensions/volume:
    Thanks for the volume info! Sounds like a good size (decently bigger than my buzz, but 3/4 the size of the smart alec).

I tend to agree about the solid colors, although I think it depends on the backpack design. The 2 colors on the Smart Alec makes sense to me, and having a multi-colored Buzz grew on me, b/c the design does lend itself well to the multiple colors (mine is black, steel, & red; I had wanted just black & steel but it wasn't in stock).

With an upper & lower pocket the way the volume explanation describes, it sounds like the Synapse might be better suited to a single color though (or a single exterior color with a different, lighter interior, like some of the bags have). And I'm kind-of a sucker for Cocoa -- never regretted that color choice for my Cafe Bag, and it might very well be my choice for the Synapse, although I'll have to wait to see pictures. I guess I like kind-of boring colors But mostly that's b/c I feel like I'm already pushing things casual-wise carrying a backpack to work, so having a fairly basic color is important.

Quote Originally Posted by slinstar View Post
    With an upper & lower pocket the way the volume explanation describes, it sounds like the Synapse might be better suited to a single color though (or a single exterior color with a different, lighter interior, like some of the bags have). And I'm kind-of a sucker for Cocoa -- never regretted that color choice for my Cafe Bag, and it might very well be my choice for the Synapse, although I'll have to wait to see pictures.
    I would definitely still want a lighter interior color =) My two Tom Bihn bags have very standard outsides, Cocoa (Imago) and Black (Large Cafe Bag), but both have bright Wasabi insides.

I love the Cocoa too, but I think I'd like a new color this time because I use my Cocoa Imago everyday.

I agree about the lighter inside color. I'd also like to know when we can preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    I agree about the lighter inside color. I'd also like to know when we can preorder.
    As soon as the proportions of the front pockets are finalized and I can take a picture of the bag, we can make it available for pre-order. Soon!!

The Synapse may or may not be lined with Dyneema.

Does the Dyneema come in a solid color? I may be the only one, but the idea of trying to find something against that dominant grid pattern makes my eyes cross already.

I still will want one in plum though. (I'm thinking lots of pouches will help.)

Thanks for the info.

Hm. I'd prefer it to not be lined with Dyneema because I don't like the look, but I'm assuming that if you guys do that, you'll have good enough reason to that I'll accept it =)

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Morn View Post
    Does the Dyneema come in a solid color?
    No: the Dyneema itself is the white part that creates the grid. It can't be dyed, which is why it's always white. The non-white part (we've used grey and blue so far) is nylon and can be dyed.

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Hm. I'd prefer it to not be lined with Dyneema because I don't like the look, but I'm assuming that if you guys do that, you'll have good enough reason to that I'll accept it =)
    I'm guessing it would be for durability. Having seen the corner of a plastic folder sticking through the weave of my Buzz more times than I'd care to admit (you'd think I'd learn never to stick them in w/ the pokiest/open side facing in, since that's the only time they manage to poke through) I can see the value in that I could imagine Dyneema lining being really nice at least on the bottom 25% of a bag, where pokey things might otherwise cause harm.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0