Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I know a lot of you are waiting patiently for the Synapse: the wait is going to be worth it! It's a great bag, and a really nice size.

Below is an update on the Synapse from the January newsletter:

Updates on the Synapse, Smart Alec redesign

Tom writes:

"The Synapse is coming along quite well. I've been tweaking with the
    subtleties of the main compartment pattern pieces, and it's close to
    perfect in that regard. Next up: Synapse's organizer pockets!

The Smart Alec is almost done too: the new water bottle pocket has
    proven to be a little more challenging than I had originally thought,
    but we're almost there. Note: those of you who appreciated the
    streamlined design of the previous Smart Alec won't be
    disappointed."
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by gmich View Post
    The Western Flyer photos look cool. Will we see shots of the Synapse soon?
    Sometime soon: Tom is working out the pockets and how they lay, etc.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Pictures?

I'm sorry to be such a pest about the Synapse, but I've been waiting so long... And I desperately need a new backpack! All I have is my Imago and a backpack that I hate that gives me shoulder pain.

I'm going to buy one for myself for my birthday- assuming it comes out in March. I'm looking forward to a nice Tom Bihn backpack small enough for me and with a place for a water bottle. My dream bag. Meanwhile I'm using my Lux most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    I'm going to buy one for myself for my birthday- assuming it comes out in March. I'm looking forward to a nice Tom Bihn backpack small enough for me and with a place for a water bottle. My dream bag. Meanwhile I'm using my Lux most of the time.
    I think both you and timerelay will be really happy with the Synapse. I've been using a prototype version of it on hikes: it's such a perfect size and the front organizing pockets utilize space in a way I've never experienced before.

No pictures yet, but maybe soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I think both you and timarelay will be really happy with the Synapse. I've been using a prototype version of it on hikes: it's such a perfect size and the front organizing pockets utilize space in a way I've never experienced before.

No pictures yet, but maybe soon!
    Ooh, a glimpse of information! What's the holding capacity of it like? I know the theoretical volume but... For example, I use my Imago daily, and it can hold everything I need, but I really need the support of a backpack because my stuff is small but weighs a lot, which is why I really want the Synapse. Would you say it's really comfortable and has good support? And would it fit a 12.1" laptop? ( I don't carry my laptop often. Very rarely, actually. But it does happen).

Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Would you say it's really comfortable and has good support? And would it fit a 12.1" laptop? ( I don't carry my laptop often. Very rarely, actually. But it does happen).
    The Synapse is really comfortable. I packed it full of clothes, water and other stuff for a 11 mile hike, and never even noticed it. While the front exterior has a pocket that's designed to fit a small water bottle, one can also fit a 1-liter water bottle in the largest of the front exterior pockets, which I found very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    The Synapse is likely to have either a 1" or 1.5" removable waist strap, and yes a removable sternum strap too (all of our sternum straps have been removable for some time now).
    So this will be similar to an ID with a regular strap, right? Any chance of seeing the Q-AM strap on this, or does that not even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by altano View Post
    So this will be similar to an ID with a regular strap, right? Any chance of seeing the Q-AM strap on this, or does that not even make sense?
    No: the Synapse is a backpack. It won't have any shoulder strap attachment points.

No: the Synapse is a backpack. It won't have any shoulder strap attachment points.
    Oh, duh. Was majorly confused there. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by altano View Post
    Oh, duh. Was majorly confused there. Thanks
    No worries! There's no pictures of the bag yet, so it is difficult to picture it. Pictures soon-ish, I promise!

How soon-ish will we be seeing pictures of the Synapse? I'm really anxious to see it (as I know others are as well).

Quote Originally Posted by gmich View Post
    How soon-ish will we be seeing pictures of the Synapse? I'm really anxious to see it (as I know others are as well).
    It could be one week or three (or more.) Don't worry: there's a lot of productive development going on in regards to the Synapse. Everyone's patience will be rewarded.

It could be one week or three (or more.) Don't worry: there's a lot of productive development going on in regards to the Synapse. Everyone's patience will be rewarded.
    I vote for one week!

6 months pregnant now and the strap of my Buzz is running out of room to do its job. But I'm still holding out for a TB backpack

Is there any estimate yet on how much the Synapse will cost?

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0