Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Synapse with 4Z case

Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Doug - It has been working out perfect, no issues with any seams busting or any zipper problems. This by far is one of the best and well made backpacks I have ever come across! I own about 15 different backpacks all by different manufactures, and nothing beats the quality of this bag. As a matter of fact, I was on my way into the city this morning (I Live close to Chicago, and take the Metra in) and it was pouring rain out, and the water proof zippers worked like a charm! I can go on and on about this bag and how versatile it is.... Anyway hope this helps. J
    That helps a lot -- thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Doug - It has been working out perfect, no issues with any seams busting or any zipper problems. This by far is one of the best and well made backpacks I have ever come across! I own about 15 different backpacks all by different manufactures, and nothing beats the quality of this bag. As a matter of fact, I was on my way into the city this morning (I Live close to Chicago, and take the Metra in) and it was pouring rain out, and the water proof zippers worked like a charm! I can go on and on about this bag and how versatile it is.... Anyway hope this helps. J
    That helps a lot -- thanks!
    Doug, I was talking to Katy yesterday to add some items to my order, and she said that they're not currently making the Synapse in Dyneema. I bought two versions of the Synapse when it came out: one in Indigo and one in Dyneema. I've used the Indigo Synapse nearly every day (color matches my Tri-Star). My thought was like that of Marbenais, that I'd use the Dyneema Synapse when I was interested in ultra-light travel, and especially if I wanted to pack it into a bag like the Aeronaut (it packs a little flatter).
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    How likely is it that either the Dyneema or the Cordura version could be squished, unfilled & flat, into the back of a Smart Alec? I ordered a Plum/Solar version for everyday use and a Steel Dyneema/Solar Dyneema for traveling, once I've unpacked.
    If you really want a Synapse in Dyneema, pm me. I've been looking wistfully at the Navy Synapse ever since pictures were posted, but couldn't really justify getting another Synapse in a color so closed to Indigo. (Navy was my second choice color). Again, this is really for future use, since I expect the Synapse to hold up really well. It's the bag I most waited for in recent years. Maybe we could do a swap where I send you my Dyneema Synapse and you purchase a Navy Synpase and have that mailed to me instead.

moriond

Time to resurrect this thread - I'm wondering about the ultrasuede pocket. Are they the same colour in every bag? I just got my Indigo/Solar Synapse and I love it ... *except* for the red/orange (is it cayenne?) ultrasuede pocket, which is my LEAST favourite Tom Bihn colour. <shudder>

Is the ultrasuede the same colour on every Synapse?
    Last edited by rodrigues; 08-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    Loving life with my Imago.

Pretty sure it's the same in all of them. My wife and I each have a Synapse (one plum, one navy), and the ultrasuede pocket is Cayenne in both.

I have an Imago and both of the Ultrasuede pockets are black. I purchased that bag some time ago, perhaps over two years ago. Still looks new too. Yay, Tom Bihn!
    Bags: Super Ego (Black/indigo w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut (Crimson/Steel); 2 Medium Cafe Bags (Navy/Cayenne, Linen/Olive), w/an Ultrasuede Shoulder Strap Wrap; Large Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Wasabi) w/Absolute Strap; Imago (sadly lost to hazmat); a Brain Cell w/ another Strap Wrap; and a Shop Bag (Steel). Accessories: Bunches and bunches.
    Wanted: Zephyr or Empire Builder.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

hello all: I finally got the Synapse for a friend of mine, and of course, I now love it! It feels almost like the more "grown up" version of the old Ruck's Sac (which I have, and which I love). It seems to be able to swallow up endless amounts of stuff and still be balanced.
    Like someone else posted, my only suggestions would be to add an o-ring to the water bottle compartment so we can clip things there when not using it for water bottles. Considering it is so deep, I would love to be able to hang stuff there.
    2. Repositioning the O-rings in the main compartment. When I have the cache there, and I try to hang pouches, it comes in the way and pokes a bit in the back.
    Love it otherwise! And my friend is thrilled, of course!
    s

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Glad to hear it, Shiva!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0