Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    I think I can start my own resale shop..
    great! i'll send you all the briggs & riley luggage that's been sitting unused in my basement for the past several years to sell in your resale shop! ;-)
    Last edited by maverick; 11-04-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    -m

Smile My Synapse Arrived

Wow. Seriously. Wow.

Very much worth the wait. Thank you for making something genuinely special.

And it got here just in time for the fall fishing trip.

Any word on when the navy/solar, black/steel pics will show up on the product page? It's only a matter of picking a color for me at this point!

My navy/solar bag Synapse should be here any day...very excited. It will be replacing my Ego. I have determined that I am more of a daily backpack person rather than messenger bag. I carried a Booq backpack for about 10 years and loved it, but it was bigger than I need currently and was really geared towards carrying a laptop which I do not. The Synapse should be perfect. And hopefully the elusive camera insert will fit in my Ego and that can become our camera bag?

Waiting patiently....

i took a few pictures of my navy synapse, because a couple of people have been asking about it. i know it's not the same as product page pictures but maybe it will at least give you an idea! i took a couple of shots of the synapse next to a steel/black smart alec, too, for comparison. i'll add notes to my pictures in an hour or two, when i get to campus.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/veganchai/tags/synapse/

Did you see the fabulous pictures of the Synapse ready to be shipped on the blog? Makes me want four!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedawg View Post
    i took a few pictures of my navy synapse, because a couple of people have been asking about it. i know it's not the same as product page pictures but maybe it will at least give you an idea! i took a couple of shots of the synapse next to a steel/black smart alec, too, for comparison. i'll add notes to my pictures in an hour or two, when i get to campus.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/veganchai/tags/synapse/
    Ok, how did I miss that one of the side pockets is lined in Ultrasuede?? What a great feature! You did a great job capturing the Synapse!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    Did you see the fabulous pictures of the Synapse ready to be shipped on the blog? Makes me want four!

Yes, what a tease especially that crimson and kelly are NOT available!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Here's the story -

Crimson/Steel is sold out. However, all of us think it's such a great color of Synapse that we may produce it again.

There are two Kelly/Steel left. The first folks to order any color of Synapse and then in the comments box during the checkout process note you'd like the Kelly/Steel instead will receive them. We won't be making Kelly/Steel again (though it is also a very popular color among our crew.)
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks for the info, Darcy! Unfortunately, I think you shipped my Navy one already...I would love Kelly instead.

The Synapse just made its appearance in my office in all of its Navy/Solar glory. I have to say that I am impressed with this bag even though I have played with it for only a few minutes. It is deceptive in appearance in that it really looks small, yet it holds far more than one might guess just looking at it. I have loaded with with my typical daily load - 13in Macbook in its brand new cache(another fine bag!), the power adapter, an assortment of TB pouches, a couple of files (about 1 inch of paper), various pens, post it note pads, phone, etc. and ther is lots of room to spare. The straps are comfortable and the bag has the smoothest operating splash proof zippers I have had to date. This likely will become a daily bag and I can see using it for a travel bag (as personal item for laptop, kindle and assorted stuff). I look forward to using it over the next several days to put it through its paces.

Quote Originally Posted by rabergnc View Post
    I have to say that I am impressed with this bag even though I have played with it for only a few minutes. It is deceptive in appearance in that it really looks small, yet it holds far more than one might guess just looking at it.
    i totally agree! i was pretty much in love with it after only looking at it for a couple of minutes, and i was also surprised at how small-yet-roomy it is. i love that it looks so compact and streamlined! it seems to be a really great fit for my 5'3" frame (and also, it's just so cute!). but i was really quite surprised by how much i could put in it, with room to spare.

the pockets on the front are especially surprising--they look smallish, but i keep being able to put stuff in that i didn't think would "go." the water bottle pocket does indeed stow a 1.0L sigg bottle (that's what i'm carrying in there today... yesterday, i carried my 16oz. contigo travel mug in there).

the only "challenge" i'm having is trying to figure out what to carry in the front/bottom pocket. but just a minute ago, i thought, "i wonder if i could get my yoga clothes in there," and gave it a try. i rolled up my capri pants and yoga tank, looked at the pocket and thought, "nah, i doubt it," but then lo and behold, they went in! it was a squeeze, but the pocket zipped closed pretty easily. awesome!

i really heart this bag. thank you, tom and darcy!

Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    I was able to fit my new 15" macbook pro that I just got last month inside in the cache. It's a really tight fit, but it give the bag some nice support. I think after its been in there for a while the bag material may stretch a little and make it fit a little better.
    sooooo tempted to try this! the 4Z cache is currently shipping in one business day, hmmmm...

is it a tight fit as in, "difficult to zip closed," or is it a tight fit as in, "distorts the shape a bit, but still easy to zip"?

Hi, bluedawg.

Loved the pictures, especially the last one. Do you have any advice for dealing with cat hair? I have black bags and a white cat.

For what its worth - there is about 1 to 1.25 inches from the top of my 13" Macbook in the cache to the top of the Synapse. Might be tight... especially where the bag starts to taper near the top.

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0