Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    keb
    Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    By this time next week you may have your synapse in hand! What a great color choice as well.
    Nice to speak to you this morning by the way... UPS says Nov 4!!!
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

That is next Wednesday! YAY!!!! Congrats on your new synapse!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    In thinking about the ways I might be able to use my new synapse, I got to wondering. I normally use my osprey pack for long day hikes, but when I travel and i really appreciate being able to use a hydration pack with it. It would be great if I could take something smaller, lighter, more packable (cue synapse). Would the back pocket of the synapse work with a Platypus Hoser (1.0L Reservoir - 34 oz.) hydration bag?
    I've used a two-litre MSR Dromedary® Bag quite a bit with the Synapse - I'd assume if that works so would your Platypus. I slide it into the center bottle pocket and just let the hose poke out of the end of the zipper - works great, feels quite balanced.

i just got an email from UPS! squeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    I've used a two-litre MSR Dromedary® Bag quite a bit with the Synapse - I'd assume if that works so would your Platypus. I slide it into the center bottle pocket and just let the hose poke out of the end of the zipper - works great, feels quite balanced.
    Excellent! I was only looking at the one liter bag because that was the biggest one that I thought would work based on my impressions of the bag. I'm thrilled a two liter bag will work.

Thank you!

Chris

Just wanted to say that I'm in love. Although I have quite a few Tom Bihn products I haven't bought a backpack. I've been waiting for the perfect one. And it's finally here. I haven't used it yet but it's the perfect size for me and so comfortable. I guess I'm going to have to buy a Cache and find a new home for my Braincell.

The solar goes with all my accessories including the new huge shop bag that also came today. And I love plum. What a great product. I'll report in after I've used it for a few days.

UPS says my Plum/Solar Synapse will arrive on Friday the 6th. I am so very impatient! Does anyone have pictures yet?

Mine arrived! Wow, it's the perfect size. Just what I was hoping for. Now to figure out what goes where... love all the pockets.

The color (plum) is gorgeous, too, especially with the solar interior.

Went home from work at lunch to pick up the box... but am waiting to open it until I have a moment to really appreciate it. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

I was hoping that the lucky new owners of the Synapse Backpack could help MtnMan?

On the thread below, he describes all his gear and wonders if they can all fit inside the Synapse and how?

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/showth...ed=1#post15274

it's here, it's here, my pretty navy synapse is here!

it just arrived moments ago, but i've already done the all-important MBP test, and it passed! i'm able to slip my unibody 15" MBP inside, in its hard speck case. that means no cushy protection, but i can live with that. YAY!

i have to go to campus today, and i plan to take the synapse with me. i'm nerdily excited.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawg View Post

it just arrived moments ago, but i've already done the all-important MBP test, and it passed! i'm able to slip my unibody 15" MBP inside, in its hard speck case. that means no cushy protection, but i can live with that. YAY!

i have to go to campus today, and i plan to take the synapse with me. i'm nerdily excited.
    yay! congratulations bluedawg!

i'm excited to hear that there is a solution for the 15" unibody macbook pro in the synapse!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedawg View Post

I got mine on Monday and it is awesome! I can't believe how much it holds! I fit all the stuff from my Brain bag, plus my new programming C for Mac Book inside. I was able to fit my new 15" macbook pro that I just got last month inside in the cache. It's a really tight fit, but it give the bag some nice support. I think after its been in there for a while the bag material may stretch a little and make it fit a little better. Other then that this bag is probably the perfect size for day to day use. I'm traveling to Houston tomorrow and I am using this bag and my Aeronaut!

My wife thinks I'm crazy since she keeps seeing Tom Bihn gear shipped to the house... LOL She told me she is going to talk to Tom and tell him not to sell me anything. I told her I'll have to use another name. HeHe. (I guess i understand where she is coming from since I own close to 40 bags!!)

Ciao,
    J

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    My wife thinks I'm crazy since she keeps seeing Tom Bihn gear shipped to the house... LOL She told me she is going to talk to Tom and tell him not to sell me anything.
    i'm reminded of the $50,000 cease and desist t-shirt that zappos was selling that said "it only cost me $50,000 to stop my wife from shopping at zappos.com!"

LMAO! That is too funny. Yeah, I have 2 basement closets full of all sorts of bags, ranging from Targus, ebags(Brand), timbuk2, chrome bags, Brenthaven, lowpro, redoxx, and some other ones. But... i must say these are the best quality and most functional bags I have owned.

Now add the Aeronaut, synapse, small cafe, and the brain bag to all that...

I think I can start my own resale shop..

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0