Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    from the blog...
    One subtle change has been made to the Synapse since we first introduced it - the lower back panel will be made out of 420 denier nylon instead of 1050d ballistic nylon. The 420d nylon is a finer weave than the 1050d ballistic nylon, and because of that, it will be even gentler on one's clothing. Though lighter-weight than 1050d ballistic nylon, 420d nylon is still an incredibly tough and long-lasting fabric.
    wow! i feel both guilty (for whining) and excited (for benefiting). this is a really great tweak, and i appreciate it a ton. i know it's not "for me" but i'm probably the most annoying whiner so i want to make sure i speak up to say THANK YOU! :kiss kiss:

Darcy,

Is there any chance that there will be any surplus Kelly Synapses (Synapsi?) left after fulfilling the pre-orders? I missed the cut-off.

Thanks, sweetwert

P.S. My Indigo Tri-star is a triumph of travel engineering!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwert View Post
    Is there any chance that there will be any surplus Kelly Synapses (Synapsi?) left after fulfilling the pre-orders? I missed the cut-off.
    Yes, there is a chance - I'll post in this thread if there are any Kelly or Crimson Synapse bags (see the avoidance ) left after we fill backorders. Some customers have changed colors, etc.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes, there is a chance - I'll post in this thread if there are any Kelly or Crimson Synapse bags (see the avoidance ) left after we fill backorders. Some customers have changed colors, etc.
    Cool - count me as interested in kelly!

I just received word from June (our Factory Manager) that the very first Synapse backorders will be shipping next week. The remainder will ship within the next 2-3 weeks.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    I just received word from June (our Factory Manager) that the very first Synapse backorders will be shipping next week. The remainder will ship within the next 2-3 weeks.
    yay! this is indeed exciting news!

I'm so excited!

Now, if only I didn't live on the other coast . . . I've got to work on my patience.

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/showth...5065#post15065

Check out the new close up picture of the Synapse taken by Maverick.

Unfair! It is so gorgeous, I want to reach into my monitor and grab the bag.

That would make for a broken monitor and no bag.
    Last edited by backpack; 10-24-2009 at 03:35 PM.

In thinking about the ways I might be able to use my new synapse, I got to wondering. I normally use my osprey pack for long day hikes, but when I travel and i really appreciate being able to use a hydration pack with it. It would be great if I could take something smaller, lighter, more packable (cue synapse). Would the back pocket of the synapse work with a Platypus Hoser (1.0L Reservoir - 34 oz.) hydration bag?

Hooray! But what does "very first" mean? Is there an order date cutoff? I ordered on 9/5, the day after pre-order opened up, because I had to obsess about colors for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by slinstar View Post
    Hooray! But what does "very first" mean?
    It means...however many bags the factory finishes in the first round before moving on to the next.

keb

UPS Notification!!!

Navy/Solar Synapse must be on its way!!!!! The palpitations begin!!!!
    Western Flyer (Crimson); 4Z Brain Cell; Swift (wife); Empire Builder (Black/Steel/Wasabi); Aeronaut (Black/Steel); Side Effect (Black), 3D Cube (Olive); lots of cubes/pouches/kit; Synapse (Navy/Solar); Smart Alec (Cardinal/Steel)

By this time next week you may have your synapse in hand! What a great color choice as well.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Very exciting, now I have a package to obsessively track for the next few days!

I am interested in the Synapse in Steel Dyneema/Solar Dyneema for daily and travel usage. Is the bag rigid enough for a 13" MacBook in a Cache, a digital camera and other office "stuff"? I like that it is light weight, but am wondering if it retains shape like cordura. Thanks.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0