Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Any word on the approximate volume of the Synapse?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmich View Post
    Any word on the approximate volume of the Synapse?

Synapse

18 liters/1100 cu.in.

Breakdown:
    Main compartment 15 liters/900 cu.in;
    Front pocket upper 2 liters/150 cu. in.;
    front pocket lower 1 liter/50 cu.in.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Sounds like a great size. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Synapse

18 liters/1100 cu.in.

Breakdown:
    Main compartment 15 liters/900 cu.in;
    Front pocket upper 2 liters/150 cu. in.;
    front pocket lower 1 liter/50 cu.in.
    So, very roughly, it's about half the total volume of the current Brain Bag, 30% larger than the current Buzz, and 20% smaller than the Smart Alec (all based on total volume, though the size of the main comparrtment may be of more interest).

Talking Synapse

I went to the Tom Bihn show room on Wednesday and was lucky enough to meet Tom and Darcy (Riley, too). While there purchasing my goodies (swift, extra stuff it bag, small cafe bag in navy, medium cafe bag in pine) I was lucky enough to get a peek at the prototype for the Synapse. I have to tell you, it's a totally kicking bag that I can't wait to get my hands on. Probably brown, as it's one of my fave TB colors. The layout of the bag is perfect, and it is just the right size. Very impressive. If you have the chance, go by the showroom. It is so great to see everything in person. It's like being a kid in a candy store.

A special thanks to Darcy and Tom for staying late while I looked at everything. It was truly a blast to see the place where it all happens.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bobster View Post
    While there purchasing my goodies (swift, extra stuff it bag, small cafe bag in navy, medium cafe bag in pine) I was lucky enough to get a peek at the prototype for the Synapse. I have to tell you, it's a totally kicking bag that I can't wait to get my hands on.
    Ooo... those are the ones I've been eyeing! The Swift and the Medium Cafe in pine =D And of course the Synapse. If you say it's perfect.. I really can't wait!

I really want to make it up there to check out the showroom/factory/TB crew. Maybe in February/March...

It sounds perfect. (Except the brown.) Besides the water bottle pocket, what kind of pockets does it have? Any idea when it will be for sale?

Talking Synapse

The one I saw was plum. There were two small lined pockets on the sides at the bottom of the bag. There was a front compartment with a zipper and then the large main compartment. It was a very nice bag. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....

The one I saw was plum. There were two small lined pockets on the sides at the bottom of the bag. There was a front compartment with a zipper and then the large main compartment. It was a very nice bag. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait....
    Where was the holder for the waterbottle located?

Hi Darcy and/or Tom,

Still anxiously awaiting those pictures, but in the meantime:

Will a vertical Freudian Slip fit in the Synapse? If not, are there any plans to make a shorter model of the Slip that will fit?

Will the Synapse have sternum and/or waist straps, and if so, will they be removable?

Thanks.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    The Synapse is likely to have either a 1" or 1.5" removable waist strap, and yes a removable sternum strap too (all of our sternum straps have been removable for some time now).
    It's quite a bit too small for a vertical Freudian Slip, and since it's supposed to be more of a hiking/travel/everyday pack rather than a computery/techy pack, it probably won't get its own Freudian Slip. Though we will have to see how people use it!
    The water bottle pocket is one of four pockets on the front of the bag - it's not an external mesh thing but rather an internal division of space with its own access. It fits the small water bottles that one might purchase, but also the .5 liter wide-mouth Nalgenes.

A special thanks to Darcy and Tom for staying late while I looked at everything. It was truly a blast to see the place where it all happens.
    Hey bobster!! I didn't know that was you.

Thanks for coming by. If you can, come by on a weekday between 9am - 2:00pm: we'll give you a tour of the factory in action.

P.S. bobster has the last Pine/Wasabi Cafe bag. There is no more Pine: sorry!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    P.S. bobster has the last Pine/Wasabi Cafe bag. There is no more Pine: sorry!
    AAaarrrrghhhh!!!

Well.

I guess I didn't need to have TWO medium cafe bags....

You might have actually saved me. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    [B]
    You might have actually saved me. heh.
    Just wait until you see Black/Cayenne in the Cafe bags!

I'm sold on the synapse. When will it be available to order? And have colors been decided on yet?

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0