Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    (quote from the Cache thread) No - it won't attach. However, smaller sizes of Cache - such as the Netbook, AIR, or EEE size - will be able to slip into an open-top pocket within the main compartment of the Synapse.
    Now that's starting to sound perfect - a pocket to shove in a small bundle of A4 size papers! Or a folded newspaper.

Audrey

Quote Originally Posted by nosilla View Post
    From this thread.
    thanks, nosilla! i also seem to remember Darcy saying that she carried an MBP in the synapse inside of an archetype, but that was also awhile back, and i think there has been some tinkering with the design since then... so i'm not sure if anything has changed, height-wise... hmmm.

i'm super-interested in the synapse and i would definitely be able to use it on non-laptop days, but i'm wondering if it would also be okay on laptop days when i'm not carrying all that much else. the smart alec is great and all, but smaller is better for me and my cranky back.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The 15" MacBook Pro definitely won't fit in the Synapse. The 13" MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air will, though!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

thanks, Darcy! now i guess i just need to buy a new laptop for synapse days!

From Tom Bihn's twitter

Just received from Seattle factory: Three Synapse backpacks in Olive, Plum, and Indigo. They're Don Draper handsome.

I really hope this is available soon! It seems my Imago just isn't quite enough for med school. It can hold everything but it's hard to access everything and it's too much weight for just one shoulder.
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

The 13" MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air will, though!
    Awesome! Now I can get that new MacBook Pro 13", as well as a new Synapse backpack. Too cool.

Aghhh... I can't wait until I can buy it! I keep checking the blog and forum every hour or two hoping to see the Synapse. Also, thank you for making it in Olive.
    Olive/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi Horizontal Brain Cell, Cocoa/Olive Swift, Cork Small Cork Organizer Pouch

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi Timarelay,

I'm also hoping that the Synapse is available soon. However, with regard to the Imago, I suspect (based on the picture you posted and the dates and comments of your earlier post) that you have the first generation Imago which didn't allow you to choose another strap. Using the Imago with the Quick-Adjust Messenger strap is more comfortable to carry on your shoulder and it's also easier to shift the bag around for access. I also have the first generation Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago but, as you'll see from my Post Script and its links, I usually use a second generation Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago in ballistic nylon with the Q-AM strap. (Credits to eristick for the latter nice picture that inspired my purchase).
    Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    I really hope this is available soon! It seems my Imago just isn't quite enough for med school. It can hold everything but it's hard to access everything and it's too much weight for just one shoulder.
    However, the most comfortable Tom Bihn day bag I've found to carry and shift around was the original Buzz, described here and in its links, and, as noted in the comments following this post, the front pocket contents were easy to get to. I have the redesigned Buzz for larger laptops, but I have to say that I love the original Buzz design more; I just can't use it any more for the larger laptops. I'm hoping that if Apple ever goes back to a 12" laptop that Tom will be able to dust off this design again. Very comfortable sling style.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-24-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: deleted duplicate words

From the news and rumors sites/podcasts I've been paying attention to (MacRumors, MacOS Ken, AppleInsider), it sounds like Apple may release a pseudo-netbook tablet sometime after New Year's 2010. The rumors circulating make it sound like this mystery product is like a giant iPhone 3GS, any may even combine WiFi with 3G cellular access. If these rumors are to be believed, this mystery tablet computer is going to be marketed as an entertainment device. It sounds (to me, at least) like it may even run MacOS X and iPhoneOS together for the best of both worlds.

You should take all of this with a grain of salt, but it sounds like what I would expect of Apple.

Is there any possibility this will be available soon? I know this sounds cheap but I'd like to pay for shipping only 1x and order this and the large shop bag.
    I am so excited about the new shop bag. I was just wishing today when I got my groceries that you made a larger bag.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrae View Post
    Is there any possibility this will be available soon? I know this sounds cheap but I'd like to pay for shipping only 1x and order this and the large shop bag.
    I am so excited about the new shop bag. I was just wishing today when I got my groceries that you made a larger bag.
    Yes, soon - you can wait to pre-order the Shop Bag until the Synapse is up for pre-order.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Yes, soon - you can wait to pre-order the Shop Bag until the Synapse is up for pre-order.
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi Timarelay,

I'm also hoping that the Synapse is available soon. However, with regard to the Imago, I suspect (based on the picture you posted and the dates and comments of your earlier post) that you have the first generation Imago which didn't allow you to choose another strap. Using the Imago with the Quick-Adjust Messenger strap is more comfortable to carry on your shoulder and it's also easier to shift the bag around for access. I also have the first generation Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago but, as you'll see from my Post Script and its links, I usually use a second generation Hunter/Cork/Sage Imago in ballistic nylon with the Q-AM strap. (Credits to eristick for the latter nice picture that inspired my purchase).

However, the most comfortable Tom Bihn day bag I've found to carry and shift around was the original Buzz, described here and in its links, and, as noted in the comments following this post, the front pocket contents were easy to get to. I have the redesigned Buzz for larger laptops, but I have to say that I love the original Buzz design more; I just can't use it any more for the larger laptops. I'm hoping that if Apple ever goes back to a 12" laptop that Tom will be able to dust off this design again. Very comfortable sling style.

moriond
    I do have a slightly older Imago. I can switch the strap but I bought it before there QAM strap was available and since have not been able to justify the purchase. My current set-up is generally sufficient and comfortable.

In terms of accessing things though, I actually meant that it's just stuffed so full that there isn't enough room to reach around what's in it. I've taken to dropping my coursebooks off in my study carrel so I'm only carrying around one or two at a time while I'm at school.

I was originally intrigued by the Buzz, but the new one is simply way too big (and maybe the old one was too? I never saw it and I don't know how much bigger this one is).
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Volunteer Moderator
    i'm very excited to hear the synapse backpack will be available for pre-order next week! yay!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    i'm very excited to hear the synapse backpack will be available for pre-order next week! yay!
    Next week? Where does it say that? What day? I'm so excited. I don't think I've ever waited this long for a product.

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0