Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    I'd like to add another vote for having Plum as a color option! Any interior color is fine, but I'd really like to have another purple bag :-)

Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    I'd like to add another vote for having Plum as a color option! Any interior color is fine, but I'd really like to have another purple bag :-)
    Me too love Plum!

Plum would be great. It would match my side effect.

I remember asking about when this thing would come out last year. I needed a new backpack for my senior year in high school...

... I still need a new backpack, but now it's for my first year of college!

Quote Originally Posted by nosilla View Post
    I remember asking about when this thing would come out last year. I needed a new backpack for my senior year in high school...

... I still need a new backpack, but now it's for my first year of college!
    It HAS been a long wait. But the more I here about it the more I think it's been worth it.

Darcy is a horrible tease
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I think you guys probably have a sense of how exact June, Tom, Lisa, and Fong are about getting things just right. There's been so fascinating much back-and-forth this week about the absolute most perfect way to construct the Synapse...and I think an agreement has been reached. We should have final samples this week, and hopefully pictures, too.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    Darcey - Kelly would be a nice option - what's the minimum number you can make in one colour? If you could get pre-orders for the right number could a Kelly be possible? Even if you just offer the pre-order for a few days and then make the right number?

My husband will want the Indigo one and we definitely don't want 2 in the same colour!

Anyway, a specific question about size: our lunchboxes are 150 x 195 mm and we need them to sit flat in the backpack (on top of other things if necessary to create a flat base). Will it fit? It should from the outer measurements. I also need to fit in A4 papers (or a large pouch), flat. Will that fit?

Audrey
    Audrey,

The lunchboxes and A4 papers should fit in the Synapse just fine, but I'll double check on that and get back to you.

As for colors: the first batch of the Synapse will be offered in a wide variety of color combinations. The next batch after that will be reduced to four or five color combinations. I will put in a strong word for Kelly.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by travelwkid View Post
    I'm still wondering about the weight of the bag, please...

travelwkid
    I'm sorry that we haven't posted the weight yet - I haven't had a fully constructed bag to weigh. I should be able to share the weight soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The lunchboxes and A4 papers should fit in the Synapse just fine, but I'll double check on that and get back to you.

As for colors: the first batch of the Synapse will be offered in a wide variety of color combinations. The next batch after that will be reduced to four or five color combinations. I will put in a strong word for Kelly.
    Brilliant, just brilliant! I'm on my second cheap local-brand chinese-made backpack for work and the coating on the inside is just starting to flake off - and they don't make this backpack any more! I expect the Synapse to be much more polite.

Audrey

PS: this is the lunchbox in question:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Storage-...625606&sr=1-26 (The size they give must be with packaging)

Here you can see how they go together:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pyrex-Storage-...0625559&sr=1-1

It's the most efficient glass box I've ever been able to find! Heavy, but that's why a good backpack is essential. :+>

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by falconea View Post
    Brilliant, just brilliant! I'm on my second cheap local-brand chinese-made backpack for work and the coating on the inside is just starting to flake off - and they don't make this backpack any more! I expect the Synapse to be much more polite.

Audrey
    it's sad that some companies will put out products they know have such a limited life, and that often have a demise that has a completely negative impact on the environment.

if we just stop and think, it is so clear that we are just hurting ourselves, our loved ones and everyone in this world by making irresponsible choices that might result in a few extra bucks in the short run at the cost of our environment and our health in the long run.

i am glad that tom bihn works so hard to make products that will last a lifetime and uses materials that are sensitive to environmental impacts!

While we're all anxiously waiting for pictures and pre-ordering, how does the Synapse look like it'll compare to the Ruck's Sac? From the capacity, it seems like it'll be closer to that than to the Smart Alec.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    it's sad that some companies will put out products they know have such a limited life, and that often have a demise that has a completely negative impact on the environment.
    It is quite well designed, and it has been lasting me for about 2 years. The old one I don't use for work any more gets used for my marine research expeditions.

A Synapse will be heaps better, though!

Audrey

i swear, i'm really trying to be patient and not ask a million questions, but now i'm wondering... will the synapse fit a 15" macbook pro? i think Darcy mentioned way back when that she was squeezing hers in there, but i'm not sure if i'm misremembering, and i'm also not sure if dimensions have changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    That'll probably work! I was able to even squeeze my 15.4" MBP in the Synapse when I had to, but we probably won't recommend doing that because it puts too much stress on the corners of the bag...
    From this thread.
    Olive/Wasabi Large Cafe Bag, Wasabi Horizontal Brain Cell, Cocoa/Olive Swift, Cork Small Cork Organizer Pouch

Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0