Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    how do the dimensions of this synapse compare to those of the earlier prototype? is the original proto for sale?

Think I want to walk next to Maverick whenever I carry a backpack from now on! I was trying to compare the Synapse with the Brain Bag online and couldn't figure out why the Brain Bag had shoulder straps on both sides, then I realized those are pockets on the non-black side! A couple more pictures clarifying this might be good. So the Synapse is half the size of the Brain Bag and pockets in different locations. Are there any other differences that are not apparent to me at the moment?

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Think I want to walk next to Maverick whenever I carry a backpack from now on!
    absolutely! anytime, thorn.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    how do the dimensions of this synapse compare to those of the earlier prototype? is the original proto for sale?
    The Synapse has always been this size. The original prototype isn't available..it has been torn apart and re-sewn several times, and is now forever torn apart.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    BigMikeD - Have you come in yet for a 2XXLT Brain Cell? They're in-stock!
    No, I missed the last "open store" day but I'll make sure to make the next one. Try not to sell them all between now and then
    I've got a 2XXLT H. Brain Cell (fits my H-P HDX18t like a glove), a Sapphire/Black Brain Bag with a matching Snake Charmer, a 2XL Vertical Soft Cell, a Sapphire wallet, a Size 4 H. Brain Cell for my wife's laptop and... a school boy's crush on Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by pontefract View Post
    funny - I was thinking about getting this for medical school too for a backpack's better weight distribution, but debating whether a messenger/briefcase type bag would look more professional.
    Most people will have messengers and briefcases, I think. I already have an Imago in cocoa/wasabi that's my daily bag, and a medium cafe bag in plum/wasabi as my travel bag. I need a small backpack for times when I need to carry a bit more weight but not much more volume, which is why I want the Synapse. It will probably mostly be a travel bag (maybe a shopping bag too?) but I still want to make sure it looks professional should I have need to ever take a backpack into the hospital with me or something.

I worked in a hospital/research center this past year, and you do mostly see messengers, but you will see the occasional backpack, so it's not completely out of the ordinary. And you definitely see them on the med students.
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Synapse looks outstanding!

I'd love this bag! Solar Dyneema inside is what I would want as most bags are dark inside. The solar color is just so bright and it's easy to find things in the bottom of the bag.

Timarelay, my boss is a neurosurgeon and the only bag he ever carries is a backpack. So there's one more vote for the professionalism of a backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    Timarelay, my boss is a neurosurgeon and the only bag he ever carries is a backpack. So there's one more vote for the professionalism of a backpack.
    Good to know!

I am half-awake right now, but I got to see and try on the Synapse today and I love it! I can't wait till it's finalized. Upside of it taking a while to be complete means I get to save up and set aside money for it. I don't know how much it will cost but apparently it might cost more than expected because of all the (awesome!) pockets and the detail work that comes with them.
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

are there any more pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by gorkon View Post
    I'd love this bag! Solar Dyneema inside is what I would want as most bags are dark inside. The solar color is just so bright and it's easy to find things in the bottom of the bag.
    All of my Tom Bihn bags but one which is Sapphire have Steel as an inside color.

I use various color coded Pouches and Cubes to organize the content of the Cafes and Swifts I use on a daily basis.

My dark interior Steel and Sapphire Brain Bags are not a problem to organize either.

I find a dark color inside the bag much more secure, I don't want people to see my stuff with the help of a light background such as Solar.

If what you have in the bag is that secretive, maybe it is better to not open your bag in a crowded public. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    If what you have in the bag is that secretive, maybe it is better to not open your bag in a crowded public. Just a suggestion.
    It is not secretive, it is just my stuff.

Similar to what Maverick carries but not the same obviously but I just don't like light backgrounds in bags, I guess.

I just found out that Solar is the only lining option for Indigo travel bags and I am not thrilled by that.

Edited to say that I am not much of a yellow person but... I fell in love with my Solar Large Yarn Stuff Sack and it looks dashing inside my Steel Packing Cube/Backpack.

The name Solar is fitting for that shade it is exactly like a bright piece of sunshine in a tidy little Dyneema bundle.

Note: I wasn't paid to show my evolving opinion of Solar

(but I sometimes feel like Samantha with the Lucy Lui designer bag)
    Every time Darcy announces that the shop is open, it is all I can do not to grab my Brain Bag and Large Cafe Bag to hop on a plane to Seattle.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-02-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    are there any more pictures?
    I didn't feel comfortable asking if I could take pictures of it, so none from me. But it looks a lot like the old pictures that were posted!

I'm 5'3" with a small build, and I really liked how the bag fit me. It's a very thoughtful bag with lots of pockets, and I adore its water bottle pocket! Never seen a bag with a water bottle pocket positioned where it is, and I was quite surprised to open that zipper and find a deep cylindrical pocket instead of a small opening. Looks like it will fit a wide range of sizes.

I think it's going to be a popular bag, and I really hope it's done soon! I don't own a backpack anymore! My old one was a casualty to the rushed end of my move out of my apartment.
    Owner of:

A water bottle pocket? I was going to buy the synapse regardless but that's one of the features I'd hoped for.
    I am so looking forward to it's release!

I just came back from a week traveling with my bb and aeronaut. I've finally had to acknowledge that the bb doesn't work for me. I'm too short and it ends up being uncomfortable. I'll post when I sell it on ebay. The synapse sounds like my perfect bag. I think it's going to be worth the wait.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0