Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    This may be the first backpack that took 3 years to design! It must be good!

Ok, just noticed a twitter update saying the Synapse might be almost done! I'm excited!
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

All Tom Bihn bags are extremely innovative and steam from an unique concept.

Being some king of a bag expert out of necessity, times without a car and lots of travel.
    I know that there is nothing like the Aeronaute, Western Flyer and Brain Bag, which attracts one bag carry-on travelers and students.

The Checkpoint Flyer is eye candy to business travelers, always in a hurry and in need of stylish gear.

The Cafe line and the Swift are everyday carrying implement.
    The Swift, initially for knitting enthusiasts, can be used by all kind of crafters, as a purse, or a second carry on.

A small backpack is a small backpack and it takes a lot of brain power to make it unique and able to compete into the larger market place.

The Synapse is even more of a challenge because there are two other smaller backpacks in Tom Bihn's line, the sleek Smart Alex and the fun Ruck Sack.

Us TB fans, we see Tom's genius in every details as we are already Tom Bihn bags devotees.

I'm a Tom Bihn fan. Still this has been a long wait. I would have been happy with a smaller brain bag. I'm glad it will be finished soon. I only hope the Side Effect will fit in the Synapse. I like to carry a stand alone pack in my backpacks so I can have a lighter option with me.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    This may be the first backpack that took 3 years to design! It must be good!
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    All Tom Bihn bags are extremely innovative and steam from an unique concept.

Being some king of a bag expert out of necessity, times without a car and lots of travel.
    I know that there is nothing like the Aeronaute, Western Flyer and Brain Bag, which attracts one bag carry-on travelers and students.

The Checkpoint Flyer is eye candy to business travelers, always in a hurry and in need of stylish gear.

The Cafe line and the Swift are everyday carrying implement.
    The Swift, initially for knitting enthusiasts, can be used by all kind of crafters, as a purse, or a second carry on.

A small backpack is a small backpack and it takes a lot of brain power to make it unique and able to compete into the larger market place.

The Synapse is even more of a challenge because there are two other smaller backpacks in Tom Bihn's line, the sleek Smart Alex and the fun Ruck Sack.

Us TB fans, we see Tom's genius in every details as we are already Tom Bihn bags devotees.
    Sorry, I think that came out wrong. I haven't been a Bihn fan nearly long enough to be allowed to complain about any kind of wait!

Really, I was referring to the caption under the EB, "The Empire Builder took three years to design. Find out why." It certainly makes me want to check it out! I can only imagine a similar caption under the new Synapse.

In other words, I can't wait to check it out!

And I'm still hoping that the note on Twitter the other day saying the new configuration of pockets works really well means the bag is very near pre-order day. I can just imagine Synapse Day will be just as big of a blog holiday as Tri-Star Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsMoon View Post
    And I'm still hoping that the note on Twitter the other day saying the new configuration of pockets works really well means the bag is very near pre-order day. I can just imagine Synapse Day will be just as big of a blog holiday as Tri-Star Day!!
    Agreed. Not complaining either. Everything I've gotten from Tom Bihn has been perfect. I just don't want to invest in any kind of backpack until the synapse comes out. I think my impatience came across as complaining.

Volunteer Moderator

handle on top of the synapse - can we use poron handle?

hi,

i know that the synapse may have been revised since the pictures were posted in the blog, but i noticed the webbing handle on top and thought that it would be very cool to have a handle with poron foam. the comfort it provides even for brief time you'll spend grabbing the synapse by the handle (relative to the time you'll be carrying it by the straps) will be wonderful.

Synapse Status?

Just checking in to see if there's any news.

i've been wondering too, now, where the synapse is in the grand queue.

Me too! It's looking like I will be in Seattle late July, and I'm wondering if the Synapse will be out by then so I can actually try it on in the store.
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

I'm definitely still interested in Synapse news, too -- it's been a long wait but my hopes are still high.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's still coming. Tom redesigned the front pocket configuration, which I was initially sad about as I love the front pockets, but as always, he was right and they're even better than before. I love hiking with this bag more than any I've ever used. It's just the most perfect size and it's so lightweight and comfortable. Once it arrives, you'll forget you had to wait this long!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    hey darcy,

the original pocket configuration looked pretty cool in the pictures in the blog. it looked like a combination of the pocket configuration on the brain bag and the packing cube backpack that had been internalized into the overall shell of the synapse.

looking forward to seeing how tom has revised it!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's still coming. Tom redesigned the front pocket configuration, which I was initially sad about as I love the front pockets, but as always, he was right and they're even better than before. I love hiking with this bag more than any I've ever used. It's just the most perfect size and it's so lightweight and comfortable. Once it arrives, you'll forget you had to wait this long!

I saw a TB Twitter mention of being able to see the Synapse in the store today. Any chance of some pics for those of us not in Seattle? (Please, oh, please???)

And the most important question - any idea when we'll be able to preorder it?

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0