Horizontal Brain Cell in the Brain Bag

I'm planning to buy a Brain Bag soon, because the amount of gear I'm carrying for work has just increased. (A 13" MacBook and a digital SLR camera with two large lenses, along with some other things.) I have a Super Ego that has served me very well (love that seatbelt buckle!), but it's time to upgrade to something better suited to what I'm carrying.

I already have a horizontal Brain Cell for my laptop, and see that the Brain Bag accepts both horizontal and vertical. How well do the horizontal Brain Cells fit, particularly in Size 6? Do they hang high, with a lot of empty space beneath them? Is the Brain Bag wide enough to hold a horizontal Brain Cell naturally, or does it stretch a bit on the sides?

It seems that if the Brain Bag can accept both horizontal and vertical without stretching, then the horizontal Brain Cell would be a more efficient use of space -- there would be more room at the bottom of the bag where "stuff" lies.

Does anybody else use a Brain Bag backpack with a horizontal Brain Cell?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The Size 6 Horizontal Brain Cell will fit in the Brain Bag quite well. The Size 4X Horizontal Brain Cell is the only size that fits in the Brain Bag and pushes the limits of what it can hold. There's a little room below the Horizontal Brain Cell once it's clipped inside of the Brain Bag, but not a lot.

Some people prefer Vertical because they like to have free space on either side of the Brain Cell while some people prefer Horizontal because it's more versatile and can be used in a backpack or a messenger bag/briefcase.

Hope this helps!!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Thanks!

Thanks, Darcy! That's exactly what I wanted to know. :-)

As soon as my next paycheck clears the bank, I'll be placing an order for a Brain Bag and a long-awaited (for me) Aeronaut. (I hope Hunter is still available when I order!)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ Nemeth View Post
    As soon as my next paycheck clears the bank, I'll be placing an order for a Brain Bag and a long-awaited (for me) Aeronaut. (I hope Hunter is still available when I order!)
    You are welcome! We'll put aside a Hunter Aeronaut for you. Just note in the comments field during the checkout process 'Casey has set aside a Hunter Aeronaut for me'.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

You are welcome! We'll put aside a Hunter Aeronaut for you. Just note in the comments field during the checkout process 'Casey has set aside a Hunter Aeronaut for me'.
    Wow! Double thanks!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0