Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2

    ? about the Utility Tote

    Hello
    First time poster, long time admirer of Tom Bihn bags. I'm thisclose to purchasing a bag. I have shoulder/neck issues and cannot have straps on my shoulders. I think the Utility Bag is the right one for me. I'd be using it as a purse/all around Mom bag(Mom of an 8 YO boy, not baby.) Is the Utility Bag available in any other color combos than the ones listed? I had my heart set on a Plum\Wasabi Medium Cafe bag, but again with my shoulder issues, no straps, only handles for me.

    Thanks very much

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    74
    One pleasant discovery I've had with the waist strap on my Imago is that by cinching it tight, all the weight of the bag is taken off the shoulder strap. I am a big fan of the Absolute strap - its rubbery underside stays on my shoulder so I don't have to keep pulling it back into place. So yes, the shoulder strap rests on the opposite shoulder as the bag, but it just keeps the bag upright so it doesn't flop over. Obviously you are the best judge of your shoulder issue, but sure would be interesting if you could try the med cafe with the additional strap at the waist to see if you get the same great results. Why don't you give TB customer service a call to see if they agree that same thing happens with the cafe bag as the Imago - i.e. weight transfers to waist off the shoulder. Then you could have your heart's desire color med cafe. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

  3. #3
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by margi83301 View Post
    Hello
    First time poster, long time admirer of Tom Bihn bags.
    Welcome!!

    Quote Originally Posted by margi83301 View Post
    Is the Utility Bag available in any other color combos than the ones listed? I had my heart set on a Plum\Wasabi Medium Cafe bag, but again with my shoulder issues, no straps, only handles for me.
    Not right now. It may be available in more colors in early December, but Plum/Wasabi won't be one of them (Wasabi is 500 denier Cordura, and the Utility Tote is made of 1000 denier Cordura). We could make a Plum/Another color Utility Tote, though...what do you think of Plum/Olive?
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We could make a Plum/Another color Utility Tote, though...what do you think of Plum/Olive?
    I'm not the original poster, but Plum/Olive sounds nice to me! (Of course purple and green are/were my favorite/wedding colors, so it figures.) :-)

  5. #5
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by besttoro View Post
    I'm not the original poster, but Plum/Olive sounds nice to me! (Of course purple and green are/were my favorite/wedding colors, so it figures.) :-)
    Okay, we'll definitely try Plum/Olive in the next batch. I think it's a striking combination. Other options would be:
    Plum/Sapphire
    Plum/Steel
    Plum/Black
    Plum/Cocoa
    Plum/Kelly
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Okay, we'll definitely try Plum/Olive in the next batch. I think it's a striking combination. Other options would be:
    Plum/Sapphire
    Plum/Steel
    Plum/Black
    Plum/Cocoa
    Plum/Kelly
    Whee! Love it. Plum/Sapphire would go along with the fall/winter's jewel tone mood...and Plum/Cocoa sounds kind of comfy. Don't know why. Maybe it's like wine and chocolate :P

    Can't wait to see the knitting bag up on site! Hope that would come in Plum-y colors too...

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2
    Darcy

    I think the Plum-Olive sounds wonderful, and does the Plum-Cocoa.

    A friend and I are planning on stopping by the Tom Bihn store this coming Monday. I'm going to try out the Utility tote...plus...the other tote that I can't remember the name of. If I end up wanting to purchase the Utility tote, about how long would I need to wait until the next batch with new colors?

    Thanks very much
    Margi
    just down the road in Olympia

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,543
    I'm all for the colors below.

    Plum/Sapphire
    Plum/Steel
    Plum/Black

    Surprise!

    I also think that it is a good bag for trying out the Kelly/Navy combo as a grocery bag for greens and fruits.

  9. #9
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I also think that it is a good bag for trying out the Kelly/Navy combo as a grocery bag for greens and fruits.
    I love the Kelly/Navy combination!
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

  10. #10
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,249
    Quote Originally Posted by margi83301 View Post
    If I end up wanting to purchase the Utility tote, about how long would I need to wait until the next batch with new colors?
    Hi Margi!

    Probably about four weeks or so...
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0