Question Any bikers out there use the Brain Bag?

Are there any bikers that use their Brain Bag while riding?

My brother's in the market for a backpack that he could use while riding his new motorcycle. He had side bags on his old bike; but doesn't want to get anything on the new machine yet.
    So he'd like a bag that fits comfortably while on rides between 100-150 mile runs. He looked at my Super Ego; but didn't like how it felt on his back.

He's not looking to hold a laptop; just carry a few things: some clothing, a cigar or three, toiletries, etc.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    There was a review of the Brain Bag in <i>Backroads</i> magazine a few years ago. We can't post the review here, but the author of the review, Bill Heald, wrote this to us:
    "I have to say the bag continues to impress. I just returned from the US GP motorcycle races in Monterey, where I was on assignment and the bag carried my iBook and other assorted kit back and forth to the track via motorcycle with peerless comfort."

That said, your brother may want to consider the Smart Alec if he's not looking to carry a lot of stuff. The Brain Bag is a huge backpack. Or maybe the upcoming smaller Brain Bag would work?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There was a review of the Brain Bag in <i>Backroads</i> magazine a few years ago...

That said, your brother may want to consider the Smart Alec if he's not looking to carry a lot of stuff. The Brain Bag is a huge backpack. Or maybe the upcoming smaller Brain Bag would work?
    <b>Thanks Darcy. I'll let him know about both! I'm not sure how much stuff he's looking to carry. Can you use the compression straps on the Brain Bag to help shrink the rear compartment while filling up the front one?</b>
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    <b>Can you use the compression straps on the Brain Bag to help shrink the rear compartment while filling up the front one?</b>
    No...the compression straps compress both compartments. But if you keep one compartment empty, fill the other one, and use the compression straps, it will achieve that same effect. When empty, the compartments pack pretty flat.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0