Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Question Questions concerning Horizontal Brain Bag and Dell D630 Laptops

Hello all,

I have had to purchase a mandatory Dell D630 laptop for school and it comes standard with the extended battery.

I'm not sure which brain cell I should purchase. Upon reading review after review, it is clear that the D630 and th e D620 have the same shape but in the laptop Fitlists, both have noticeably different dimensions.

Would anyone know which size Brain Cell would be the best fit for my non-mac? I think it would be the the size 4 horizontal/vertical.

Also, quick question concerning Horizontal BrainCell / BrainBag compatibility, does the horizontal Braincell clipped into a BrainBag grant free access to the laptop held within? Or does it need to be removed first in order to open it up?

I am set on a BrainBag / Braincell + SnakeCharmer combo but I just wanted some experienced advice before I place my order.

Thanks!

I work at Tom Bihn
    Hi! The size 4 is the correct one for the D630, either horizontal or vertical will work. The size 4 horizontal Brain Cell fits top end up in the Brain Bag so that you have easy access without having to remove the Brain Cell from the bag. I think the Brain Bag/Brain Cell and Snake Charmer combo are great and that you'll love them Plenty of room and lots of places to organize. Hope this helps, let us know if you have more questions!

Hi Nicole (or anyone else that can help),

I noticed that you said that a size 4 Brain Cell will work for the Dell Latitude D630. The OP wrote that he had an extended battery - will it still fit into a size 4 with that attached?

It looks differently from the laptop bag fit guide - it says size 3S is needed. I really want the Western Flyer that only takes size 4 and smaller, it would be great to know if it is possible to fit the laptop into the Brain Cell size 4 before I get it shipped all the way to Denmark.

Thanks
    Lars

I work at Tom Bihn
    Quote Originally Posted by lhulvej View Post
    It looks differently from the laptop bag fit guide - it says size 3S is needed. I really want the Western Flyer that only takes size 4 and smaller, it would be great to know if it is possible to fit the laptop into the Brain Cell size 4 before I get it shipped all the way to Denmark.
    Hey Lars, sorry for the confusion. Unfortunately yes, you do need the size 3S for the D630 with the extended battery. You could conceivably carry the laptop in the size 4 and just detach the external battery and carry it in one of the pockets inside the bag. Otherwise you should check out the Ego; I own this bag and it's a been great for carrying my stuff around. It's a decent size without being too big and it still works for carry on, etc. if that is a necessary purpose. Your other option would be to put the laptop in a Soft Cell instead of a Brain Cell and then, because of the smaller case, it could fit inside the Western Flyer (you should call the store at 800-729-9607 to double check this first so we can check the exact internal dimensions of the bag.)

Let me know if this is helpful!!

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your answer. I'll try to give the store a call to see if the soft cell would fit my laptop and the Western Flyer - otherwise I might give the Ego a go (although I like the two main compartments in the Western Flyer - make it easier to use for an overnight business trip without running the risk of your dirty clothes falling on to the customers meeting table :-)

I work at Tom Bihn
    Quote Originally Posted by lhulvej View Post
    make it easier to use for an overnight business trip without running the risk of your dirty clothes falling on to the customers meeting table :-)
    Now THAT would be an interesting situation, hahah! =)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0