Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    ...or for dog walks, a Side Effect worn sling-style. :)
    ooh, now there's an interesting idea!

Originally Posted by Darcy
    "...or for dog walks, a Side Effect worn sling-style. :)"

I just got my Indigo Side Effect a few days ago. It didnít take but a few minutes of experimenting to decide Iíd mostly be carrying it sling-style, too. The 1/2 inch shoulder strap is just too thin/stringy to work well on my shoulder. I think a 1 inch strap might work better for that carrying style. Iíll be using it as a purse -- I donít carry much: iPhone, wallet, chapstick, keys, pen, notebook, kleenex -- around town, and just throw it in my Brain Bag when going to work. I love this little bag already, and think the idea of using one on dog walks to carry doggie biscuits & water is a great idea. Perhaps I need to get one in Plum just for dog walks, as I wouldnít want biscuit crumbs in my everyday bag.............

I will add that today I got some thin Scotch velcro straps (like the Strapeez) to tie down the extra length of the waist straps. I canít stand having those things hang down & flop around on any of my bags. I wish there were some kind of smooth clip to do this with, but the velcro will work ok.

While I love my new Side Effect, Iíd still like to see a mini Cafť Bag, too!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    To carry it sling style, I was using only the sewn-in waist strap. Instead of around my waist, I just put it over my head and then under one arm.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    To carry it sling style, I was using only the sewn-in waist strap. Instead of around my waist, I just put it over my head and then under one arm.
    Ah! I just throw it over my right shoulder like a backpack, using the sewn-in waist strap. With one strap at almost full length, & one almost as short as it will go, the bag rides high on my back/shoulder. I guess I call that "slinging it" over my shoulder :) I'll try it your way and see how that works, too. So many possibilities with this little Side Effect!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0