Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    This msg is not meant to be argumentative, but is just to keep the ideas flowing for Tom & Darcy & the crew.

I agree with the argument about wasted space in a bag like the small cafe bag--the things I carry are small and that left tons of space at the top of the bag and made it difficult to find things. I ended up giving it away after a week or two.

But this wasn't a problem when I had a vertical bag similar in size to the proposed "mini". Remember that 5 x 7 inches is the size of a large index card--there's no place to lose stuff. Honestly, no place. The worst thing that could happen was having my lip goo end up beneath my wallet, but the bag was so small that it could easily be found and retrieved.

That bag was perfect...right up until I wanted to add a phone and nano to the usual contents. If I'd only wanted to carry one of the two, I'd still be using that bag today. Instead, it's my mom's new favorite and I have some monstrosity. ugh.

The other reason I'd prefer the vertical is that I hate carrying a purse--except on unusual occasions when I'm gussied up like a real girl--but I have a few things to carry, like most females. So the less purse-like, the better. I can get a purse anywhere. Tom Binh is one of the few who can make a well-designed, well-made, unique, nonpurse purse that'll be perfect for this tomboy.

I just want a mini Cafe bag

If I wanted a horizontal bag, I could just go with the Eagle Creek bag I used to have. Vertical is fine, just make a mini cafe bag. I also use the outside back pocket constantly for putting things in there, like papers, that I'm going to pull out shortly, so please don't put a zipper on it!

At first I was getting swayed by the horizontal points of view, but I just want a small bag, that doesn't look like a purse. I'm not going to keep a lot of stuff in it, so I'm not worried about losing things in it. Like I said, I just carry a wallet, cell phone, sunglasses & pen.

Ahh. See, I have no problem with it looking a bit like a purse. :) But anyway, I can't really say much more until I see pictures of some sort. I'm not a terribly visual thinker so it's hard for me to imagine what I haven't seen.

update on mini cafe bag?

Any news on the development of the Mini Cafe Bag? I'm in the market for a tiny bag to carry around essentials (wallet, phone, small pen/notebook, chapstick), and it sounds like you guys might be producing something of that kind soon. Have you decided whether the bag will be horizontal or vertical? # of pockets?

I am also waiting on news on the Mini Cafe Bag.

Can't wait :)

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I am also waiting on news on the Mini Cafe Bag.

Can't wait :)
    Same here...just need a small bag to carry my keys, iphone, and sometimes small wallet. I've been thinking about the TB passport as an option, but not sure if the strap is long enought to wear cross body style which I prefer...anybody know?

If this is round the corner, I'd rather wait, though!

Quote Originally Posted by suden View Post
    Same here...just need a small bag to carry my keys, iphone, and sometimes small wallet. I've been thinking about the TB passport as an option, but not sure if the strap is long enought to wear cross body style which I prefer...anybody know?

I have 2 steel passport pouches and the strap is definitely long enough to wear cross body. (mine is wide and it still works!)

The best thing about the strap is that it is very easy to change the length in a flash or remove it all together, leaving you with the cutest dynema pockets ready to be clipped to a key strap and in the o rings of any of your TB bags.

I will definitely order a blue dynema passport pouch or two but I still want a mini cafe bag.

Right now I use the passport pouches as mini purses and they are great when going to the gym or for a short bike ride... But, they are not stylish enough for an interview or a night out.

That's why I want the mini cafe bag (in plum, pink, storm and sapphire)

Quote Originally Posted by suden View Post

I have 2 steel passport pouches and the strap is definitely long enough to wear cross body. (mine is wide and it still works!)

The best thing about the strap is that it is very easy to change the length in a flash or remove it all together, leaving you with the cutest dynema pockets ready to be clipped to a key strap and in the o rings of any of your TB bags.

I will definitely order a blue dynema passport pouch or two but I still want a mini cafe bag.

Right now I use the passport pouches as mini purses and color coded organizer pouches for my phone and keys. They are great when going to the gym or for a short bike ride...

But, I need a stylish small bag to hold the cards, keys, phone, a lip balm and pen for more formal occasions.

That's why I want the mini cafe bag (in plum, pink, storm and sapphire) :)

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post

Right now I use the passport pouches as mini purses and color coded organizer pouches for my phone and keys. They are great when going to the gym or for a short bike ride...

But, I need a stylish small bag to hold the cards, keys, phone, a lip balm and pen for more formal occasions.

That's why I want the mini cafe bag (in plum, pink, storm and sapphire) :)
    Thanks for the input! I may just go ahead and order one anyway until a mini verion of the Cafe bag comes out...they're so diverse, I'm sure I can find many different ways to use the passport pouche.

My husband wants me to replace my grey passport pouches with a Mini Cafe Bag and a sapphire Passport pouch when we go on trips.

I told him I am waiting for TB's Mini Cafe Bag :)

still waiting for a mini cafe bag

Two years ago I asked if you could make a mini cafe bag. Is this dead in the water, or is there any movement to make one? I'd just like to know. thanks.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's still on the list, but I can't say exactly when it'll appear. :)
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's still on the list, but I can't say exactly when it'll appear. :)
    darcy,

are you still carrying around your phone, credit cards and such inside of the passport pouch in order to encourage tom to move on a mini cafe bag? ;-)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    darcy,

are you still carrying around your phone, credit cards and such inside of the passport pouch in order to encourage tom to move on a mini cafe bag? ;-)
    I've moved on to, depending on the day (and as long as I'm not carrying a laptop or very much stuff) to a Medium Cafe Bag, Shop Bag, Cork Swift, or for dog walks, a Side Effect worn sling-style. :)
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I've moved on to, depending on the day (and as long as I'm not carrying a laptop or very much stuff) to a Medium Cafe Bag, Shop Bag, Cork Swift, or for dog walks, a Side Effect worn sling-style. :)
    actually, the side effect provides what the mini cafe bag would, just in a slightly different package.

i'm looking forward to the side effect!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0