buckle on a brain cell

Velcro provides for easier access when the brain cell is secured within a bag, but I would love to see one with a snap buckle flap (similiar to those on the messenger bags) for those of us with a velcro aversion. Just have yet to see a velcro closure with any mileage on it that wasn't frazzled.

Most high end sleeves use it though, so most buyers must like it.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Hook & loop closures (AKA "Velcro” - we use Aplix brand, which survives more open & close cycles than its competitors) has been a popular feature on the Brain Cell: it’s easy to open and close with one hand, and creates a secure closure at the top of the Brain Cell. The cereal-box closure on the Brain Cell, which works great for accessing your laptop when looking down into a bag, would be difficult to pull off with a buckle-type closure. Perhaps for a design intended for use as a stand-alone case such a buckle-and-flap closure would be practical (some bags you see with a buckle closure have a simple flap closure that offers little padding to the top of the laptop, and may leave part of the laptop exposed).

That said, hook & loop is noisy, gets along too well with wool sweaters, and indeed doesn’t age well if you use the cheap stuff. We use the best quality hook & loop, but still we’re always looking for new closures. New fabrics, new foams - I’m always tinkering in the factory with new ways to put it all together that work well, protect stuff, and look cool. Right now I’m working on a soft sleeve that can be carried on its own, but provides protection both inside a backpack and inside a briefcase or messenger bag.

Thanks for response here and at NBR.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0