Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Toiletry Bag

Smile Toiletry Bag

Hi

I live in Queensland Australia and I received my purple Aeornaut a week or two ago and I think it is brilliant - thanks so much - I am itching to use it next week when I go away for Easter.

I wondered why you havent also designed the ultimate toilet bag to go with it? With your attention to detail, functionality and clever design and particularly with the carry on luggage restrictions now in place - it would surely have to represent the ultimate design challenge?

I have been doing my product research and by far the best option currently on the market is the ebag "pack it flat" model - but boy does their distribution suck ! I emailed them twice and they refused outright to ship to Australia - there is nothing else like it on the market currently - and for us antipodeans who are looking to sustain the carry on tradition - the current dearth of options is a market ripe for the picking....

cheers
    K

I have a "pack it flat" kit. It is rather large for what I need. I still use a Eagle creek kit that is smaller.

Volunteer Moderator
    Hi kmunro,

Have you tried the packing cubes with the Aeronaut? They work really well, and I'd recommend getting at least one each of the large and small mesh/fabric cubes. It's easier to view these "in action", as for example in these forum pics.

Unhappy in search of the aeornaut toilet bag mate

Hi

Yeah I looked at the Eagle Creek and it wasnt bad - probably the next best apart from the pack it flat - but being a girl and given that I intend to be away with just the aeronaut for 2 months I was looking for a slightly larger toilet bag - ah well - guess I will just have to get more pragmatic about what goes in it.

Yes I also have the cubes - 2 for shoes and 3 for inside - 2 small ones (one for undies, socks etc, one for light tops and a large one for larger items such as sweater and pants). I just need the right toilet bag

cheers
    K

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tom's working on a few different designs of a toiletry bag.

In the meantime, try Battle Lake Outdoors for toiletry bags. They're made in Minnesota.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy--I hope the toiletry bag has dividers/compartments. That makes them a lot more useful for traveling.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyR View Post
    Darcy--I hope the toiletry bag has dividers/compartments. That makes them a lot more useful for traveling.
    There are two toiletries bags in the works: a bag with los of dividers and compartments, and a more simple toiletries pouch for everyday use. The latter will come first - I've been using it for a few months as a make-up bag, and I love it!
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I have been using this http://www.rei.com/product/641977 for toiletries
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    There are two toiletries bags in the works: a bag with los of dividers and compartments, and a more simple toiletries pouch for everyday use. The latter will come first - I've been using it for a few months as a make-up bag, and I love it!
    It would be cool if the toiletry bag was the same size as a small packing cube...or a quarter packing cube. Then it would fit perfectly into my new Aeronaut.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    a quarter packing cube. Then it would fit perfectly into my new Aeronaut.

Eric
    I second that, a quarter packing cub or a half end pocket would be really usefull.

I actually like the Rick Steves large toiletry bag design quite a lot. I can put it on a counter and it stands up on its own, but I can also hang it to get access. The side pockets are nice for when you just need your toothbrush or hair brush. It's a good size to pack nicely. It would be nice, however, if the construction was a bit better quality.

I used an Eagle Creek clear pouch once for a toiletries bag and I got annoyed because I kept having to dig through it to get to stuff.

Kennewick, WA - On the "other" side of the mountains from TB

Toiletry Bag Status Update???

So it appears that a toiletry bag was in the works at one time....are there still plans to make this?? My husband would really like to replace the one he currently has. We are fairly new Tom Bihn converts, but we LOVE all the pieces we have (both have Aeronauts w/ packing cubes; in addition I have the Zephyr and a medium cafe bag. I am hoping to get a Imago for my birthday in a few weeks).

I've been using the Eagle Creek Wallaby II as my toiletry bag and it fits relatively well in the end pocket of my Aeronaut but is a little big for it's purpose. I would love a compartmentalized toiletry bag from Tom that was specifically designed to take an end pocket and make the most of that space.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniw View Post
    So it appears that a toiletry bag was in the works at one time....are there still plans to make this?? My husband would really like to replace the one he currently has. We are fairly new Tom Bihn converts, but we LOVE all the pieces we have (both have Aeronauts w/ packing cubes; in addition I have the Zephyr and a medium cafe bag. I am hoping to get a Imago for my birthday in a few weeks).
    hi jenniw!

tom bihn announced the 3d clear organizer cube that is 1 liter in capacity. you should be able to take your liquids through security in this.

if you need more space for your other toiletries, you may want to take a look at the clear quarter packing cube.

i'm waiting for the 3d clear organizer cube, but have been using the clear quarter packing cube for quite some time for carrying my toiletries. while the clear quarter packing cube is much bigger than the 1 liter size that the tsa specifies for the bag containing your liquids, security hasn't complained yet.

i plan to place my liquids in the 3d clear organizer cube once i get it, and use the clear quarter packing cube for my non-liquid toiletries.

Kennewick, WA - On the "other" side of the mountains from TB
    I do currently use the clear quarter packing cube with a ziploc bag on one side to hold my liquids and my other toiletry items go on the other side. I have one of the 3d clear organizer cubes on order. I just have one for now, but if I like it, I plan to get at least one more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0