Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A magnet shouldn't be a problem. I have put my wallet (with credit cards) and my video iPod in ScotteVest pants and jacket pockets with magnets, and have never had a single problem.

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Our Organizer Pouches have proven so popular that we will be introducing Padded Pouches in the coming weeks. They are made of a three layer laminate like the SoftCell laptop sleeve, except thinner foam: 500 Denier Cordura nylon on the outside, soft foam in the middle, and brushed tricot knit on the inside. Like the Organizer Pouches, they close with a #5 YKK coil zipper with a plastic slider, so the zipper is less inclined to scratch anything.
    It would be a simple matter to make a Padded Pouch the size to fit sunglasses.
    Alternately, we could make the same thing sans zipper and try them both out.
    How does that sound?

That sounds great Tom!

So the alternative are padded pouches with zippers or mini soft cells, what would be the closure with the latest, velcro, same as the laptop soft cell?

Are the forum members keeping your grey cells busy enough with our endless demands for new "portable culture" items?:)

Thanks for listening to the forum members' feedback and for making great products.

Edited to say: I can wait to see the pictures of the padded pouches!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    A magnet is out of the question because I would constantly worry about that case being close to any electronics.
    Small magnets will not affect most electronics. For example, my Treo case closes with two strong magnets, no problems. Scottevest clothing is designed to hold electronics and gadgets.

Small magnets will only affect magnetic media (like floppies, but who uses those anymore?). Flash media is impervious to all but the strongest magnets. The only problem I've found with magnets is they can erase hotel room keys. Even credit cards are generally unaffected by magnets.
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Quote Originally Posted by mruseless View Post
    Even credit cards are generally unaffected by magnets.
    I'm not sure about that. If you look at the reviews of an eBags messenger bag that has a magnetic clasp ( http://www.ebags.com/ebags/thunder/p...?modelid=59040 ), one reviewer noted that it erased two different debit cards. I've also heard other people say that magnetic clasps on purses can erase credit cards.

Edit: Ignore what I said in post #16...
    Last edited by apyang; 05-07-2007 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Add that my post #16 contradicts this post...

Well I can't really argue with other people's experience. I don't have that much experience with putting my credit cards next to a magnet myself, except for my ScotteVest pants which have never given my wallet any trouble. I'm basing my opinion off an episode of MythBusters where they attempted to scramble some credit cards. I love that show.

E
    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

[shrug] Sounds like the padded pouch to me.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bihn View Post
    Our Organizer Pouches have proven so popular that we will be introducing Padded Pouches in the coming weeks. They are made of a three layer laminate like the SoftCell laptop sleeve, except thinner foam: 500 Denier Cordura nylon on the outside, soft foam in the middle, and brushed tricot knit on the inside.
    The brushed tricot knit thing... is that like the lining of the Cork organizer pouch, on the cork side?

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Not the same exactly, but quite similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0