Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Post Overland Garment Bag

I've searched through the forums, and I've noticed a few threads on the Garment bag topic. Some were as old as 2003! I think this was before the Aeronaut.

My question is, has Tom concidered an Overland Garment Bag? Not a full GB like you would expect with the larger rolling types, but one in which you could hold a sport coat, and a shirt. Maybe one full suit. Since I've discovered Tom Bihn Bags I've started thinking of something along the lines of a compliment to the Aeronaut. That bag looks perfect for short business trips, but I couldn't fit a suit in it; especially if I have my computer stuff along. Since most of the flights I'm on allow 2 pieces of carry on, I've been very careful not to overfill a bag or bring one that's oversized. Which is why I like the Aeronaut. I wanted a bag that could also carry a suit or two, and a shirt or two, but still be capable of coming with me on the plane.

There is one Overland Garment Bag I've looked at, but never had the guts to purchase. It's the Frost River: Overland Garment Bag. It looks almost perfect. I'm sure Tom Bihn could make it better. With the same care to detail, and fabric pallet that you currently have with the other bags in your lineup, it could be a winner!
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

I actually managed to fit a suit into the aeronaut. A foolish move by anyone's standards. Lots of ironing followed the next day.

Did you do it correctly?I packed a suite into the Aeronaut on my first try of it. looked great with some touch-up ironing at the destination.
    1) Turn it inside out- including the pants
    2) use the package fold and swiss roll technique
    3) stuff into a plastic bag with some air holes in it before shoving it into the Aeronaut.
    4) I also hang my suit up in the bathroom whentaking a shower. It steams it open a tad ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rice Cooka View Post
    I actually managed to fit a suit into the aeronaut. A foolish move by anyone's standards. Lots of ironing followed the next day.

Give me a Garment bag!

I don't know what they mean by "overland" but I fully support a garment bag from TB.

Certainly it is possible to pack a suit into a duffel, but it is not easy as handy as arriving with a relatively wrinkle-free set of togs. This is particularly true if you are chaning venue every night, so the packing, re-packing and ironing starts to add up.

I agree about the shower trick, although I have to say I wish hotels would provde places to hook a hanger; and the nearer the ceiling the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice Cooka View Post
    See onebag.com for the best packing method.

Thanks, I'll try those folding techniques but, there's something you should know about me: I'm a terrible folder. I have very distinct memories of being deathly afraid of a certain activity in kindergarten that required you to neatly fold up a cloth mat after you were done. I feared it so much so that I never tried it and to this day am convinced I missed some life information.

But I digress :)