Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: mini cafe bag

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    you might as well not have a bag on you if you want a bag smaller than the small cafe bag. use your coat.
    there is a place for smaller bags -- some people prefer not to weigh their coat pockets down and keep them free for their hands. and in the warmer months, one might not wear a coat.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    there is a place for smaller bags -- some people prefer not to weigh their coat pockets down and keep them free for their hands. and in the warmer months, one might not wear a coat.
    Exactly -- and a bag keeps everything you want to bring with you in one place, rather than trying to remember to place various items in various pockets before you head out the door, and take all of those items back out when you get home.

good points there, but again, anything smaller than the small cafe bag, you might as well use the side effect.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

While waiting for the MiniCafe

A couple of bags to consider are the ebags Terrace Mini Bag or the Travelon Convertible Wallet.

Both are shown on the ebags web site. Unfortunately, the product images on that website always make things look unattractive. To my eye, anyway.

The helpful thing, since they list thousand of items from dozens of companies, is the recommendations of similar products based on what you're looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDel View Post
    A couple of bags to consider are the ebags Terrace Mini Bag or the Travelon Convertible Wallet.

Both are shown on the ebags web site. Unfortunately, the product images on that website always make things look unattractive. To my eye, anyway.

The helpful thing, since they list thousand of items from dozens of companies, is the recommendations of similar products based on what you're looking at.
    Thanks, JohnDel! I'll definitely take a look at those. I've had similar experiences with the ebags web site -- the images shown are thorough (i.e. show inside/outside/front/back), but aren't the most attractive, so they aren't as inspiring/enabling as the TB web pages. But the recommendations linked from one bag's page are certainly helpful in exploring brands with which one isn't already acquainted.

I have a small, verticle cloth bag that I got at the Philadelphia airport once, but I am seriously hankering after a mini cafe bag--in ultrasuede!!
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    There is also an aesthetic consideration, a lovely Tom Bihn bag looks way better than pockets bulging in all the wrong places.
    This is especially true in Summer when clothes need to fit nicely and drape properly which is impossible with anything in the pockets.

Judging by all of the lovely pictures of Tom Bihn customers with their bags, I might be the only one who have to watch out for garment fit and lines. :)

Another vote for a mini Cafe bag.

My small Cafe bag has just arrived and even though I really like it, it's a bit too big for carrying just my mobile, keys and wallet.

Lightbulb Side Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Pilar View Post
    Another vote for a mini Cafe bag.

My small Cafe bag has just arrived and even though I really like it, it's a bit too big for carrying just my mobile, keys and wallet.
    The Side Effect may suit your purpose. I use mine for the above purposes.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0