Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By sturbridge
  • 1 Post By kkintea

Thread: What I'd like to see in a Nightflight 2.0

What I'd like to see in a Nightflight 2.0

I really like the form factor, colors, and structure of the Night Flight, but I sent mine back as just not being usable except for a single-night bag. I would like to see one of the following options on the next revision:

- larger main compartment, smaller side compartment so that I could put a rolled pair of jeans or shoes in the middle.
    - lacking that, zippers or snaps so that I could take over one of the side compartments when I had something bigger to store in the middle
    - or as another option, having a "bellows" type of divider between the main and side compartments so that one could take over space in the adjoining compartment when needed. I'm thinking a looser piece of fabric as a divider that could be pushed a bit into either direction, still attached, but with some slack.

It was really so so cute, and I was sad to send it back. But for $180, it has to serve a purpose more than just 1 night travel. Its got to at least carry me for a weekend.

The medium Skookum duffle just doesn't have the same "crispness" in appearance, nor does it have the same color combinations.

And I'd like o rings in the flat end pockets so I can put an organizer pouch/organizer wallet in there.
    Last edited by sturbridge; 08-26-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian , SE in black/iberian and coyote/steel, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz in black and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

The Skookum medium duffle is also larger than an A30! Much bigger bag, but looks really great, I think!

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    - lacking that, zippers or snaps so that I could take over one of the side compartments when I had something bigger to store in the middle
    - or as another option, having a "bellows" type of divider between the main and side compartments so that one could take over space in the adjoining compartment when needed. I'm thinking a looser piece of fabric as a divider that could be pushed a bit into either direction, still attached, but with some slack.
    This. I don't think I'll be getting one unless it has more flexibility. It's a shame because it really is a great looking bag, but a bit too pricey for something that lacks the versatility that many of the other bags have.

Super Moderator
    I'd like a few things, too :)

Night Fever!

But I like it very much; probably couldn't pack for more than overnight in it as my lone bag, true, but I like it as an adjunct with another bag, like the Tri-Star or Aeronaut.

I wish I had taken pictures of all the outfits I got in the NFTD (11 day trip). I posted a list somewhere but memory escapes me.

However, I would not be opposed to (1) having the ends open up to make it a 1-compartment bag if needed (i.e., extra pair shoes or small laptop) and (2) switching the grab handle on the end pocket. The bag is designed to go under your seat as a personal item, but the pull handle is on the bottom of the end pocket. Even in the overhead bin, it's still an awkward grab and would be better (IMO) on the top of the pocket.
    timothy likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0