Aeronaut Companion (repost)

I posted this in another thread, but I'm reposting it in a separate thread to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

What I'm looking for is a companion bag to the Aeronaut for travel. It would be small enough to be carried in hand onto an Airliner along with the Aeronaut, it would have room for a small to mid-sized laptop, some notebooks, pens, glasses, etc., but it would look much more like luggage or a messenger bag than a traditional laptop bag, it would be great to see it take its design cues right from the Aeronaut so that they looked like a matched set. A messenger Smart Alec would definately be along the right lines. Also- an innovative way to slip the laptop in and out quickly for security checks at the airport would be a godsend!
    Last edited by Jupiter; 01-22-2007 at 12:38 PM.

RE: " a companion bag to the Aeronaut for travel"------
    My Crimson Aeronaut companion is the new ID bag in Steel/Black/Crimson. I would also highly recommend the Updated Imago since the ID Bag holds more volume than the contents you described. The new Ego would be a good partner too- but I haven't seen it. To deal with security- a proven system many travelers use is:

1) To save time, I always pre-pack my 'magnetics' in my jacket and lock down all pockets securely before approaching security.
    2) I never travel with a metal belt or steel toe-capped shoes ( any more ;)
    3) I prep my laptop thus- It sits asleep in an UNZIPPED sleeve in the main compartment of my UNZIPPED ID bag which approaches security with an unfastened buckle.
    4) So my presentation procedure is:
    - Finish the drink in my hand & bid well-wishers adieu
    - Unlace shoes (slip-ons are best) and place into one bin
    - Remove pre-packed jacket and fold into a bundle into the same bin
    - Remove laptop from pre-unzipped ID bag by just yanking it out- placing it in a bin by itself
    - Buckle and lay the ID bag either in a third bin ( yea I'm greedy that way ) or if there's room, in the shoes/jacket bin
    5) Walk through the detector smiling broadly!
    I sometimes get flagged for the tiny flashlight around my neck but I pass it off as a 'religious icon' and that's all.
    Once out of the detector, I just reverse my steps- checking the items off in a mental list.

NOTE! Hold your travel documents in your HAND or in a pocket as you pass through the detector. Passports go missing a lot lately and they're hard to replace en-route.

Bon Voyage!

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    I posted this in another thread, but I'm reposting it in a separate thread to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

What I'm looking for is a companion bag to the Aeronaut for travel. It would be small enough to be carried in hand onto an Airliner along with the Aeronaut, it would have room for a small to mid-sized laptop, some notebooks, pens, glasses, etc., but it would look much more like luggage or a messenger bag than a traditional laptop bag, it would be great to see it take its design cues right from the Aeronaut so that they looked like a matched set. A messenger Smart Alec would definately be along the right lines. Also- an innovative way to slip the laptop in and out quickly for security checks at the airport would be a godsend!
    Last edited by Zephyrnoid; 01-23-2007 at 08:23 PM.

I think the Imago should be ideal for you.

Check if it fits your laptop.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0