Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Tom, You had me at...

Baglt aka James Bond...? :P

I really like bags and I have tons of them - accumulated in my pre-TB days. But the organization through O rings plus pouches and of course the quality of TB bags - got me hooked. I started with a dyneema Synapse 19 (when it was just called Synapse) and pouches. As I say (and some folks here) resistance is futile so now I have a collection of TB items. I need to get rid of most of my pre TB bags before I get additional TB bags though.
    Black Dyneema/Wasabi Co-Pilot (EDC), Steel Dyneema/Steel Dyneema Large Café Bag (EDC substitute), Black Dyneema PCSB (weekend day bag), Black Dyneema/Wasabi Aeronaut 45 (Travel), Steel Ballistic/Solar Western Flyer (Travel), Iberian Dyneema PCBP (WF), Black Dyneema PCBP (Aeronaut), Steel Dyneema PCSB, Solar SE, assortment of pouches.

Quote Originally Posted by laquinob View Post
    I need to get rid of most of my pre TB bags before I get additional TB bags though.
    I'm with you on that one. Except it's not working for me. All the ones I want to get rid of are sitting Ina pile and I keep buying more TB stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by laquinob View Post
    I need to get rid of most of my pre TB bags before I get additional TB bags though.
    Lol, I'm in the same boat, but a lot of those other bags don't seem to be going anywhere. I've decided to justify it by how different they are from TB, and sticking with only my other 2 favorite brands and a set of rolling suitcases.

My first and currently only TB bag is my Synapse 19, which I got for the combination of size and organization. At my short height, it was hard to find a properly sized pack that could still be organized properly. Now I am in love with the quality and comfort and am already looking forward to figuring out what I can order next.
    Rambling On. . . . .

One more thing: I like the company's business practices. It's been a significant factor in making me a repeat customer. I like TB's transparency and candour (out of dyneema? They tell us straight!), and how savvily the company is run-- no sponsored events, no dubious "I donate 25% of profits to charity" claims with the attendant accountability issues, etc. Neither do I feel cheated the way I did when I bought e.g. Gucci sunglasses. (They are nice sunnies, though. I still wear them.) Just solid bag-making, happy customers, and employees who have a life. A win-win for all parties.

I really hope I'm not wrong about the company! Please continue to do what you do.

P.S.: Also loving the adjustable closure on the Swift/LS. While it's not been necessary for me so far, I think it's subtle and aesthetic. Same with the cache on rails systems-- so simple, yet so clever. Can't wait to junk off my current lappy case for the vertical 4Z!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-28-2014 at 05:46 AM.

I agree with @adalangdon.
    I am grateful that my contribution (purchase of TB's Product) does not just solely on TB's design and practically, but also the humanity-value that the Company choose to uphold - be it whether its Customer, its Crews (Employees), its Management and Operation. These humanity value incorporated into all parts of Tom Bihn. I does not just feel great carrying TB bag everyday, but also feel terribly awesome and motivated by its humanity value - to the point that shall anyone have interest with what I am carrying, (especially my known friends) I would bombard them with TB Products and its Humanity Value! Lol.

I have always be amaze with Entrepreneur being persistence, staying honest and truth to its initial dream - making ideas work, focus on quality and customer service.
    It is not about making billion dollar revenue, but a self-accomplishment to hear/see others' excitement/happy about the workmanship, products and services.

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    P.S.: Also loving the adjustable closure on the Swift/LS. While it's not been necessary for me so far, I think it's subtle and aesthetic. Same with the cache on rails systems-- so simple, yet so clever. Can't wait to junk off my current lappy case for the vertical 4Z!
    By the way, @adalangdon,
    Could you enlighten more about the Adjustable Closure of the Swift?
    I kinda wish to get a Swift for my Wife, without her knowing. But she prefer a zippable/sealable main compartment to prevent prying eyes/busy-body (kepo) or worst, theft.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0