Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Steely McSteelpants

According to Matthew I got the last Steel Dyneema Side Effect last week that had been sitting around the factory. It's lovely and I didn't realize how lucky I was to get it! Even my generally disinterested wife was sold after borrowing it for one day. Ordered a Black Ballistic version for her yesterday to use as a purse.

I'm glad I recently purchased two large Shop Bags in the 400d Steel dyneema because I see they are now no longer available!! They are accompanying me on a beach vacation tomorrow (Outer Banks in North Carolina, y'all!!). I'm sure we will all have a wonderful time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    It is something similar here: I have a Pilot in Ballistic and for me that is the ideal bag-material combo and steel/Wasabi... I can not get my head around that jet.
    Steel Dyneema and Wasabi aren't colors that I would have put together on my own, but I have a SE in this combination and it's really, really nice. I'm rocking a Steel/Wasabi EDC right now with a Steel Cordura DLBP, Steel Dyneema/Wasabi SE with a Wasabi keystrap for a purse handle, Wasabi Cordura Snake Charmer, and Wasabi Dyneema Size 2 TSS. I didn't plan to put all this Steel and Wasabi together, but I like it!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

@Holly, you are in luck - a well-timed purchase. 400d Steel could be still available for Small Shop Bag, was told last week. Anyone wish to? Try to call in/email to confirm.
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    @Holly, you are in luck - a well-timed purchase. 400d Steel could be still available for Small Shop Bag, was told last week. Anyone wish to? Try to call in/email to confirm.
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    There are no shop bags in 400d as of yesterday afternoon 12:30 PST.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Sent from •41Lumia via TPTalk
    Weirdguy, I bought my 2 LSBs because I knew 400d steel dyneema was going away and didn't want to miss out. I had been wanting steel dyneema large Shop Bags for quite a while I knew I needed to purchase!

Were Shop Bags made in 200d Steel Dyneema before? Or have they always been 400d Steel?
    Asking cos I'm wondering if they'll offer Shop Bags in 200d Steel Dyneema in future, or discontinue it since 400d Steel is retiring?

I have always preferred steel over black. I wish I had scored a steel Ballistic LS when they were available. I have always championed for the original 200d Steel Dyneema swift pocket linings over the other colors. My Steel Dyneema/UV Swift (only one with colored pockets) and Steel Dyneema/Steel Pilot were an excellent pair for my latest trip. I even love the Steel Dyneema linings for my UV S19 and Nordic s25. They never seem too dark.
    I'm with McSteely Pants. 400d Steel Dyneema is fun, sexy, sophisticated, and unexpected, as well as it makes me swoon! I'm oh so very sad it has retired, and treasure the pieces I own.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

@kktintea, thanks for the confirmation.
    When I was told that there was 400d Steel available, I so wish to get it but I still trying to justify the need for it.
    Since it is gone now, I wouldn't have to give it any thought. It is gone for good, I guess.

@icebeng, 200d Steel Shop Bag Small still available.
    I think only 400d Steel is retiring.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 07-30-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    icebeng likes this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

My understanding is that yes, it is just the 400d steel dyneema that is retiring. I haven't verified that with the TB mothership though!

I would like to chime in that I also like 400d Steel Dyneema very much...probably more so then Black Dyneema. Prefer the graphite look...quiet, confident sophistication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Steel Dyneema/Steel Pilot arrived yesterday!

Shameless self-promotion: I posted a video of it here. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

My favorite t-shirt is a Life Is Good brand shirt with an Adirondack chair on the front. It's purple! I love it so much that I usually wear it twice a week. Today I decided that I should buy another shirt like it, but in a different color, so that my coworkers stop calling me "eccentric."

Here's what I picked:

Name:  14685979697_0bbfd2a526_z.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  67.2 KB

That's my Steel Dyneema SE next to it for comparison. When I pulled the shirt out of the dryer this evening I was all like, "Wait a second. That color looks familiar...."

You can call me Steely McSteelShirt now if you want to.

My Steel Dyneema SE in the flesh. Hope they bring it back.

Name:  IMG_3319.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  650.3 KB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4