Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Steely McSteelpants

For all the steel fans out there, it looks like the steel dyneema pilots are back in stock...if anyone is missing one in their collections. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    For all the steel fans out there, it looks like the steel dyneema pilots are back in stock...if anyone is missing one in their collections. ;)
    Ooh so glad to have updates! Do you know if these are 400d/200d?

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Ooh so glad to have updates! Do you know if these are 400d/200d?
    I would imagine they are 400d, but I am not certain.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-21-2014 at 10:40 PM.

@mjpinter, I suspect Janine was just being polite and tossing me a crumb. No need to impeach her over a small kindness like that. :)
    WITCH! BURN HER!!! ;)

j/k

So I see these Steel dyneema Pilots back in stock. Very tempting! Might be one of the last chances for a while to get a non-black 400d dyneema bag (though I kind of wish for some interior colour other than more steel).

If I have a standing back order, can I just email Customer service to add something? Or should I try buying it again to "reserve" mine and have them combine the orders?
    Janine likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    If I have a standing back order, can I just email Customer service to add something? Or should I try buying it again to "reserve" mine and have them combine the orders?
    Email the shipping department and tell them to add the bag to your back-order (if you can wait!).
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Email the shipping department and tell them to add the bag to your back-order (if you can wait!).
    Thanks! Maybe I should sleep on it... if I buy a black ballistic Pilot instead, perhaps wife won't notice it replace my black Co-Pilot... ;)
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Might be one of the last chances for a while to get a non-black 400d dyneema bag .
    You know you want one...hee hee. But Perhaps you will be just as happy with a black substitute.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-22-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Janine likes this.

Just the name Steely McSteelpants is awesome! I'm ready to join the club. Got my steel Dyneema/ solar S19 and steel Dyneema WF; when my steel/steel NFTD comes tomorrow, I'll have to take a family portrait. Can't wait!!!

You know you want one...hee hee. But Perhaps you will be just as happy with a black substitute.

I've asked them to add it to my order. Was low on will power last night. It is now a rather steely order with a steel/UV A30 for the wife (hence the backorder).

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Lol. I am about to.

Tell me all, why not Black Dyneema? What so about Steel?
    Do you all really prefer Steel than Black in terms of Dyneema 400d Exterior?
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Lol. I am about to.

Steel over black because there is less contrast between the white threads and the dyed fabric, so in effecct, the steel dyneema blends in a bit more. The black dyneema has a greater contrast between the white dyneema threads and the dyed 420d, so to some eyes it pops more, and is thus a little less subtle (which is an unusual thing to say about black).

It's entirely up to your own tastes. Both and undoubtedly lovely, like all of Tom's materials choices, but for myself, in theory I think I want something a little more subtle since this will be both my EDC work/laptop bag, and a travel/camera bag.
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Lol. I am about to.

I think the white pops out more on black. Sometimes, the black lends itself to looking formal IMO. Steel Dyneema is more subtle, refined; a sage traveler who can pass for a local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel is more like a compliment or a nice question where black is more like a statement or an order (both dyneema here).

All this talk about steel dyneema. I have to find a bag (not an assesorie) in steel now that I have given my only steel backpack away... of to looking at the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    All this talk about steel dyneema. I have to find a bag (not an assesorie) in steel now that I have given my only steel backpack away... of to looking at the shop.
    Only two choices available today: Pilot or Medium Cafe Bag. The MCB isn't seemingly the right size for my needs; a little too thin for me to drop a camera insert in there comfortably.
    Janine likes this.

It is something similar here: I have a Pilot in Ballistic and for me that is the ideal bag-material combo and steel/Wasabi... I can not get my head around that jet.
    Janine likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast