Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Can we talk about Navy?

JLE

Can we talk about Navy?

Don't get me wrong, I like all the new colours as much as anyone! But I'd just like to say: let's not forget the classics!

My very first TB purchase was a Navy ballistic TriStar and when it arrived I was struck by how much richer and deeper the colour was in comparison with how it appeared on screen. Since then I've also had navy cordura and the utterly GORGEOUS, shimmering navy parapack.

Tom's navy is subtle yet distinctive. Richly saturated yet still dark and conservative. Not bright, not dull. It's such a brilliant colour. Others may come and go, but let Navy remain perpetually in the lineup!

Hear, hear! Love my Navy TS -- and will forever regret returning a Navy/Solar S19.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Agreed! My first TB purchase was a Navy A45, and it really is a great colour. Rich, but not garish. Deep, but not over saturated. It makes for a great base colour that a bright lining can play off of. My favourite Navy combination is with Iberian, but Solar had its appeal to.

I travel plenty for both work and pleasure and see the sea of blacks bags at pretty much every airport I pass through. Navy, to me, still looks pretty professional, while also being a nice little splash of colour. <3 Navy!

Sent from my Iconia W4-820 using Tapatalk
    Janine likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

My navy SE comes with me everyday everywhere I go! It really is a lovely color, and really pops with the iberian lining.
    Janine likes this.

Last year I ordered a pocket pouch and asked for one with Nordic, which they must not have had, and received a navy/Iberian one. I totally fell in love with navy! Since then I've added a navy/Iberian Copilot which I think is the most beautiful TB bag I own. I'm also sorely tempted by the Night Flight duffle in navy/wasabi on the strength of the color alone.
    Last edited by Rocks; 07-08-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    Janine likes this.

Yes! Navy should stick around as a permanent color option for TB bags. Last week I traveled for the first time with my Navy/Iberian Aeronaut and felt like a rock star walking around O'Hare amongst all of the other generally boring or garish bags on display. I haven't taken my matching Tristar out for a trip yet, but will find a way to make sure it is in the next rotation. This morning I took my brand new S25 to work for the first time, which is black Dyneema/Wasabi and I totally dig it, but am trolling the website to jump on the first Navy/Whatever Pilot that I expect to show up in the next 312 hours or so.
    Janine likes this.

My husband has a Navy/Ibrerian S19 and totally digs the colour combo. I agree that Navy needs to be part of the base colour options.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of navy (it was the colour of my school uniform throughout my teens), but I have to say that navy parapack is gorgeous, with a shimmer to it almost like taffeta! I haven't bought any yet, but I was admiring it at the mini-fest we had in Minnesota last weekend...
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Da5Id View Post
    Yes! Navy should stick around as a permanent color option for TB bags...trolling the website to jump on the first Navy/Whatever Pilot that I expect to show up in the next 312 hours or so.
    It's time to jump! Navy/solar Pilot now in stock!
    Ilkyway likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I particular like the navy parapack. That is such a rich and deep blue. But my second choice Side Effect (first being Aubergine) is navy balistic. It looks so calm and trustworthy.
    The new Pilots make me nervous: I have to get one in forest for my Husband (wrong threat I know) but Navy/Solar has to be gorgeous. What if his Pilot arrives and I get envies (even so I am a Backpack Girl)? And as there will be no next time since solar is going where nordic already is... And Navy/Solar: so beautifully. My Pencil case is a navy parapack/solar one. So beautifully. Well what great first world problems to have.
    Janine and scribe like this.

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I'm not a big fan of navy (it was the colour of my school uniform throughout my teens), but I have to say that navy parapack is gorgeous, with a shimmer to it almost like taffeta! I haven't bought any yet, but I was admiring it at the mini-fest we had in Minnesota last weekend...
    My school uniform was navy too, but for some reason that never bothered me. :)

I totally agree about navy parapack. I ordered a MCB in navy parapack with my Daylight BPs and it is just SO gorgeous. I don't really use my cafe bags that much (I have a couple in each size), so this was PPP (Purely a Parapack Purchase)! If the larger travel bags were made in navy parapack I would be All. Over. Them.

But in the meantime I'd settle for Navy ballistic for the A30. Black with 3 different lining choices but no navy? Pretty please Darcy???
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I particular like the navy parapack. That is such a rich and deep blue. But my second choice Side Effect (first being Aubergine) is navy balistic. It looks so calm and trustworthy.
    The new Pilots make me nervous: I have to get one in forest for my Husband (wrong threat I know) but Navy/Solar has to be gorgeous. What if his Pilot arrives and I get envies (even so I am a Backpack Girl)? And as there will be no next time since solar is going where nordic already is... And Navy/Solar: so beautifully. My Pencil case is a navy parapack/solar one. So beautifully. Well what great first world problems to have.
    Buy both, convince yourself you are still a backpack person first and foremost, and return it?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    It's time to jump! Navy/solar Pilot now in stock!
    Woo Hoo! Thanks! A Navy/Solar pilot is now mine!!
    Janine and eWalker like this.

I'm so glad to see the Navy love. I've got a Navy/Wasabi Aeronaut on the way, a gift for my husband, and it was his distant second choice (he asked for red, burnt orange or bright green and I had to say no, no, and no). Navy can be blah if it doesn't have depth and it sounds like the Navy ballistic is a winner. Fortunately, he's not anti-navy - he actually wears it fairly often - he just likes bright colors in bags.
    eWalker likes this.

I love Navy, in all the fabrics it's offered in! As much as I love Aubergine, I think Navy is the color I'd miss most if TB stopped using it. A big reason is that my husband would be comfortable using a Navy bag (so when the Aeronaut 30 is made in Navy, I'll likely go that direction to help justify it - especially if it has an Ultraviolet interior so I can get my purple fix in a subtle/private way). It also helps that when paired with Solar it matches the colors of my alma mater (I'm still kicking myself for just barely missing out on getting a Side Effect in Navy Parapack/Solar :( ).
    eWalker likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0