Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Janine
  • 1 Post By JLE
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By icebeng

Thread: Has Linen always been this awesome?

Has Linen always been this awesome?

I'm using my Linen OP to hold business cards for this conference, and every time I pull it out I am struck by the awesomeness of this color. Has Linen always been so awesome? Has it always looked so great next to black? And am I the only one who is dreaming of a Daylight pack in Linen?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I'm using my Linen OP to hold business cards for this conference, and every time I pull it out I am struck by the awesomeness of this color. Has Linen always been so awesome? Has it always looked so great next to black? And am I the only one who is dreaming of a Daylight pack in Linen?
    Yes, it has. And no,you're not! :)
    Janine likes this.

Ooh...I have a backorder in for a Linen/Navy SCB, placed what seems like eons ago. Cannot wait to experience Linen awesomeness in person!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I'm really hoping for another production run of cafe bags in linen, or maybe a SE - I have a medium DOP in linen, and it makes a lovely neutral for summer!
    Washu likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I, too, would love a linen SE. I currently own a linen/navy SCB. I love it. It's quite smart looking. I plan on using it until the skies turn dark gray and it begins the long rainy season here in Seattle. Then I'll switch to my new steel/olive SCB, patiently awaiting some love up in my closet. The steel/olive combo is gorgeous also. Check out pictures on the SCB page!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    The steel/olive combo is gorgeous also. Check out pictures on the SCB page!
    I have a steel/iberian SCB, which is very pretty and perfect for winter - I'd love a linen/olive one for summer, though!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I have a steel/iberian SCB, which is very pretty and perfect for winter - I'd love a linen/olive one for summer, though!
    I'm not completely sure but ceepee's looking for a S25, and one of the items she mentioned that she's willing to trade is a Linen/Olive SCB I think, plus she mentioned that's she's destashing to move, have you asked her?
    scribe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    And am I the only one who is dreaming of a Daylight pack in Linen?
    Linen AND cocoa, pretty please.

No, I haven't. Not that I have anything to trade right now, but maybe we can make a deal...
    Collections:

I think this thread may convince me to get a linen/navy SCB if it becomes available again. I need a SCB for a trip this fall but haven't decided what color so I'm waiting... although, linen/french blue or linen/burnt orange would be winning combos as well.

Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
    Go Tigers!
    T1D