• 3 Post By Aeon
  • 3 Post By tanderson9

Thread: Burnt Orange is AWESOME

Burnt Orange is AWESOME

ME AND MY NEW FRIEND,
    SYNAPSE FOR THE WIN!
    ME AND MY NEW FRIEND,
    SYNAPSE FOR THE WIN!

My Burnt Orange S19 arrived today and for those of you who haven't seen Burnt Orange in person: none of the photos do it justice. It's a rich, deep, autumnal orange that pairs with the black zippers and patch very well. It looks peppy next to Steel and Wasabi. There is not much contrast between Iberian and Burnt Orange but they look okay, if low contrast is your thing. Solar makes Burnt Orange look depressed. Sorry, no Nordic or Ultraviolet on hand, otherwise I'd supply adjectives for those colors as well.

Here are my Synapses hanging out on the couch:

Name:  14327588050_c010cbd794_z.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  45.4 KB

I had two S19s in the past and sold both of them. They weren't the right size for me at the time. Now, downsizing from the S25 to the S19 for a smaller, summer carry, I remember why the S25 has been my constant companion since I received it last year. It's the pockets. The lower front pocket on the S25 is big enough to hold a Snake Charmer (which in my case is a Diaper Charmer) or my Side Effect with room to spare. The S19...not so much. I'll need to decant the contents of the Diaper Charmer into that pocket and carry a smaller pack of wipes, or carry the Diaper Charmer in the main compartment. Another thing that stands out is the rigidity of the bag. Both of mine are Cordura but the smaller size means that you notice the seams provide structure on the S19 when you handle the bag. I don't feel that with the S25.

I'm so happy now, I could pee in my pants.

ME AND MY NEW FRIEND,
    SYNAPSE FOR THE WIN!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ps. Are we abbreviating Burnt Orange as "BO"? Hee hee!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Love your posts, you always make me smile and while smiling I read good descriptions and/or good ideas. Just had to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Love your posts, you always make me smile and while smiling I read good descriptions and/or good ideas. Just had to say that.
    I love reading your posts, too! You have a great sense of humor and are always ready with down-to-earth, practical advice! :-)
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    My Burnt Orange S19 arrived today and for those of you who haven't seen Burnt Orange in person: none of the photos do it justice. It's a rich, deep, autumnal orange that pairs with the black zippers and patch very well. It looks peppy next to Steel and Wasabi.
    Janine, you describe Burnt Orange so well. I love my b/orange S25 so much that I have a S19 on the way! I'm completely b/orange obsessed; I want so much of what TB offers to now come in an orange shade. What I'm really hankering for is a SE and OPs at the moment.

Someone will have to physically restrain me if b/orange ballistic ever comes to be. I will drop everything and empty my wallet right there and then for an b/orange Aeronaut.
    so far: small clear OP (steel), small padded OP, small and medium DOP (burnt orange), Side Effect (black/steel), Synapse 19 (burnt orange/steel), Synapse 25 (burnt orange/steel)

want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

Nice! My burnt orange S19 is on its way and should be here Monday. My first TB bag and can't wait!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Will the side effect fit in the front lower pocket? You mentioned there is no room to spare, but will it fit at all?

Sent from my somewhere using Tapatalk

One more question about the front pockets. The side pockets and the water bottle and smaller front pocket in front of the water bottle pocket. How do the S19 pockets compare to the S25 pockets?

Amy
    I am able to finagle the side effect in the bottom pocket of the S19 with a little bit of work. The pocket is just barely tall enough to accommodate the Side Effect, but the width is ample. There's still a good couple of inches of of depth in that pocket after you've put the SE in there, since the SE is such a narrow bag. So you could put the SE in, then some other stuff in front of it-- assuming, of course, that you haven't stuffed the main compartment of the bag and eaten up all the space.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmassena View Post
    One more question about the front pockets. The side pockets and the water bottle and smaller front pocket in front of the water bottle pocket. How do the S19 pockets compare to the S25 pockets?
    If the side and water bottle pockets aren't exactly the same size, they are pretty close. I moved my water bottle and pocket contents from the S25 to the S19 and all my stuff fit the same way in the new bag.

I was also able to carry my MBA13 in a cache to the JS user group last night. It fit perfectly! The MBA gets a little lost in the S25.

Oh my goodness mistakes for seeing these... I was just thinking about needing a smaller daypack than the S25... to stay truly one bag one pack...