Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: I pledge this is my last order till the new debuts

Talking I pledge this is my last order till the new debuts

OK, I'm owning up to it here. I placed what I hope to be my last order prior to June 30, and it is shipping out. Who's with me?

I am sharing this because I feel that the anticipation for the new items has made me jittery and caused me to buy massive quantities of products I may not have had at the top of my list before...needed a fix...I don't know what my family and co-workers think every time a new box arrives. Luckily we have a new UPS guy, so I think he is reserving judgment for the time being!

@Go Stanford, I did the same. Coping withTBA is expensive. My goodies arrived yesterday....
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I pledge this is my last order till the new debuts

Guilty of the same, and many times over at that. Luckily, all my TB boxes sent to a forwarding address in the US (which then sends the stuff to where I am), so I don't have to deal with any knowing looks. And the post-person who delivers it to my door changes often enough that it's not always the same individual. PHEW.

On the other hand, my partner has noted the mushrooming of TB-ness with bemusement. But not without saying "I really like Storm; too bad it's not 'my colour'", "I wish TB made other kinds of wallets" and "Why did they discontinue Nordic?". Also, he loves the Zephyr that I passed to him.

Anyway, my acquisitiveness has manifested itself in a very particular way: cafe bags. I have a Nordic/Solar MCB on its way to me now and my excuse for getting it is that we can both use it (he loves the MCB and that combo). I've also ordered ones in black dyneema and cocoa, because they really are great bags. Sigh!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 06-20-2014 at 03:44 AM.
    ISO: Old TB stuff! But especially Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine MCB, Kiwi, Ultrasuede LSes, Pink Swift, Ego seat belt buckle strips, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

I'm raising my hand.

I ordered an Aeronaut because I really wanted one and hoped to beat the price increase. I ordered some Large Shop Bags to beat the price increase, too. Then I ordered a Burnt Orange S19 because I was scared I'd miss out if I waited (and safety first!).

I'm sure I'll order an A30 within minutes of the official release. Within seconds if it is offered in Navy/UV! :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Yup. Me too. I was going to wait for the new stuff. Then I looked at the lcb in nordic/solar. Thought long and hard about whether or not I needed it. And the fact that nordic is discontinued. Ordered it this morning.

In the past few weeks I've ordered a Smart Alec to beat the price rise, a nordic LSB because nordic is being phased out, and a bunch of accessories because I have several trips coming up.

I've basically run out of TB bags to order, as the only thing I want on the current product list is a Co-Pilot, and I'd really prefer one in aubergine. Plus I want to see what else debuts besides the A30 before deciding on my next big purchase!
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I've ordered most of the items I have selected for my "capsule travel set" just before the price rise, but besides the A30, I still have a Pilot and a 20-26 liters personal items bag to buy.

Since the last item is be used on a two bags setup with the A30, I am anxiously waiting the new products debut.

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I spent most of yesterday (when I should have been working!) listing all my TB bags and analyzing which ones I actually use. I was doing it under the guise of "I should destash the ones I don't actually use, now that I know what I like."

I recently purchased a nordic/solar MCB from a friend. I carried it for the first time yesterday. The problem was that I have been using SE's for so long that I hardly know what to put in a MCB. I dropped my SE in the bottom and threw in a stuff sack with knitting to take up the rest of the space. So all day I was thinking about whether I could part with the beautiful bag, even though I don't need it. Problem solved -- at about 5:55 pm I called TB and asked if they had a SCB left in nordic/solar. I got the last one, and, um, ahem, maybe a few things to go with it.

I've decided TBAS is incurable.

(Oh, and the MCB isn't going anywhere, at least for awhile. That's the other problem with TB.)
    Last edited by KatrinkaWinkle; 06-21-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

I agree it is hard to let go of the bags. It is nice to have matching colors in different cafe bag sizes! That way you can choose based on how much you are carrying for the day. Enjoy the last available Nordic solar SCB! The end of an era.

and I still cant sleep because I am thinking I should order Nordic (shopping bag or MCB) before its gone...Seeing how many of you have already ordered it, I am getting nervous....:) but I have to wait till next week. :(

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    and I still cant sleep because I am thinking I should order Nordic (shopping bag or MCB) before its gone...Seeing how many of you have already ordered it, I am getting nervous....:) but I have to wait till next week. :(
    @vivelly I also called the Tom Bihn folks earlier this week to check color availability for a few accessory items I wanted to order, and asked about whether I should ask to have these held and shipped after the new product debuts. They said that they don't like to combine orders with pre-orders, which is when I found out that even when they announce the new products, you're going to be dealing with pre-orders. It may be that some of the pre-orders will have a short lead time, but it appears that they will be pre-orders. I was surprised, because given the number of products that will be debuting, I thought some might be smaller accessories which could be available when the announcement was made, but that is apparently not the case.n

I don't know any more details, but they have been catching up on the huge demand for back orders. So I would be inclined to order anything I really wanted now, and not try to wait to try to combine orders. Just my thoughts. YMMV. (Or perhaps there is a Bihnion who will be traveling to New Zealand soon and can carry?)

moriond

P.S. I called in before @GoStanford started this thread, so that order doesn't count as part of this pledge, right?

new here. what new product announcement?
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    new here. what new product announcement?
    Welcome aboard! :)

Until the end of June there is going to be five brand new TB products, being one of then the smaller Aeronaut! The other four we have no clue yet of what will come!

That is the reason why we are counting the days! ;)

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    vivelly likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

9 more days...*sigh*

five new products? hope one of them is the dog walkers bag.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0