Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: I pledge this is my last order till the new debuts

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Somewhere on this forum there's a post about using the Smart Alec Lower Modular Pocket with a shoulder strap for water carrying duty. I can't relocate the post at the moment though.
    This?
    Upper Modular Pocket as a "Side Effect"

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Yes, thanks. Post #28 with image showing the setup of lower modular pocket for carrying water.

Here's the quote: Ok, one last thing! Inspired by @Ilkyway, I had to convert my lower modular pocket to a functional water holster thanks to some double carabiner clips and my SE strap.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Yes, thanks. Post #28 shows the setup.

This is the link that jumps down to the relevant photos:

Upper Modular Pocket as a "Side Effect"
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I just called and Beau confirmed there are no more pocket pouches with Nordic - so for those of you tempted as I was by the latest blog entry, thought you might want to know.
    Ilkyway likes this.

To help pass the time I've put a couple of KTPs (knitting tool pouches) on my wish list - forest and kiwi this time, because I already have all the aubergine ones!

I do actually need them at some point because I'm rapidly accumulating circular needles (mostly interchangeable ones apart from the small size I use for socks), but it's not worth ordering them now because of shipping costs to the UK. Hopefully there will soon be something bigger to make an order worthwhile!
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I am returning the items I ordered most recently - two Large Cafe Bags in Olive/Olive (all-Cordura) and Black/Steel (all-Cordura). Trying one on was all it took to realize these are BIG bags - a lot of space and pockets/pen holders, could be very useful, but I decided that for me the Medium is the largest I can comfortably go for daily use.

I called to ask about Cordura LCBs and these two were the last available at that time, so if any of you are looking, they should be back at the store in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    To help pass the time I've put a couple of KTPs (knitting tool pouches) on my wish list - forest and kiwi this time, because I already have all the aubergine ones!

I do actually need them at some point because I'm rapidly accumulating circular needles (mostly interchangeable ones apart from the small size I use for socks), but it's not worth ordering them now because of shipping costs to the UK. Hopefully there will soon be something bigger to make an order worthwhile!
    Do you see any of the knitting tool pouches as being useful to non-knitters? I've been looking at them but am not sure they fulfill any non-knitting function that wouldn't be covered by a regular pouch. However, it's always good to yearn for another doodad. Tempt me!
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alief View Post
    Do you see any of the knitting tool pouches as being useful to non-knitters? I've been looking at them but am not sure they fulfill any non-knitting function that wouldn't be covered by a regular pouch. However, it's always good to yearn for another doodad. Tempt me!
    I've been wanting to ask this too.

Also, what are the differences between the knitting tool pouch and the standard clear organiser pouch? e.g. a mini clear OP and a size one knitting tool pouch. the dimensions are slightly different but are there other major differences?

Quote Originally Posted by alief View Post
    I ordered a number 2 to use as pen holder.

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders shipped! Waiting for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 arrival! ETA: August 29!!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaris85 View Post
    Also, what are the differences between the knitting tool pouch and the standard clear organiser pouch? e.g. a mini clear OP and a size one knitting tool pouch. the dimensions are slightly different but are there other major differences?
    The tool pouches have little ballistic sections at each end of the clear window, to protect it from pointy implements! Hence they're useful for pencils, scissors and anything else that might puncture a urethane pouch, whilst still allowing most of the interior to be seen.

Oh, and the KTPs don't have clips on the corner, just an o-ring. That's so you can fasten several of them into your Swift using a double carabiner.
    Collections:

I use the clear organizer pouch intended for pencils as a personal picnic kit. I have some plastic cutlery, some salt and pepper, toothpicks, and a wipe packed in mine.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps.

I had three of them and sold them. They just weren't useful to me. The square one was handy, but didn't really do anything that I couldn't use a regular OP for. I don't use circular sets and that's what they seem designed for. It's nice to have the protection at the ends of the pouch, but I didn't have any needles that would fit into them. (I'm an old school double point user and I like the 8" ones. I use the large TSS as my project bag since the needles will just fit in that.)

I have to laugh...after many sleepless nights (well...falling asleep while thinking of it) I finally thought after comming home from work to just do it and get the Nordic dyneema MCB. Fired up the computer...all purpose...visa card ready...and..its gone!!!! THANK GOD!!!!!!!

My money is safe....for now. :) 6 more days....
    scribe likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0