Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By sheeshoo
  • 2 Post By tpnl
  • 3 Post By icebeng
  • 3 Post By scribe
  • 8 Post By Trailhiker

Thread: Am I reading too much into this?

Am I reading too much into this?

Is the ID being retired? I just popped over to the messenger bag page to check current colourways for a post I was replying to, and I couldn't see the ID anywhere. A Google search found the ID product page, where it has the "Whoa - sold out!" notice.

Now I'm wondering if its withdrawal from the listings page was a mistake, or the precursor to an announcement of a new horizontal messenger bag, perhaps even some kind of Imago/ID hybrid? (Oh please, oh please...)
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    On their way: DLBP, 3DFOCs, another YSS!
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

It was on the list on bags that won't be available for backorder for a while - Update on Backorders
    eWalker likes this.

I have not seen anything to indicate that it is being retired. I believe someone else posted about not finding the ID on the Messenger or Laptop Bag Webpages.

It IS on the Briefcase page ... not sure if this is just the web team forgetting to remove the link, but it is there.

Briefcases - Laptop Briefcases Made in USA - TOM BIHN

The text also seems to confirm that the ID is staying:

"(May 2014) Whoa! The ID is so popular, it's sold out in all colors. Our Seattle factory crew is hard at work making more but it'll be a little while. Want to be notified when the ID is once again available for order or backorder? See below."

Hope this helps relieve some ID anxiety!

Cheers!

P.S. I do think it would be nice if they brought out a new bag to cover a gap in their product line left by the retirement of the Imago.
    Last edited by tpnl; 06-15-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    scribe and eWalker like this.
    Zephyr (Black/Steel), S25 (Black/Iberian), SA (Black/Steel), BB (Back/Steel), A45 (Black/Iberian), TS (Black/Iberian), WF (/Crimson/Steel), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel), , CP (Black/Steel), Ego (Black/Steel/Indigo Stripe), Vertical Brain Cells, FS, Camera I/O, 400d Nordic PCBP/PCSB/TT, SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket, YSS

I don't if this is an indication of OCD, but I would like to re-sort the display on TB's store pages so that all the similar products are together.
    For e.g lining up the cafe bags next to each other and arranging by size.

ETA: sorry, I thought @tpnl was referring to an actual gap on the store page, but he's actually talking about the product line >.<"
    Last edited by icebeng; 06-15-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I don't if this is an indication of OCD, but I would like to re-sort the display on TB's store pages so that all the similar products are together. For e.g lining up the cafe bags next to each other and arranging by size.
    Hey, if we weren't all a bit OCD, we wouldn't be so obsessed with TB bags and their awesome organisational powers :)

I would definitely like the Accessories page to have subheadings, e.g cubes, pouches, straps'n'parts. There's a lot of scrolling required to find what you want.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Hey, if we weren't all a bit OCD, we wouldn't be so obsessed with TB bags and their awesome organisational powers :)

I would definitely like the Accessories page to have subheadings, e.g cubes, pouches, straps'n'parts. There's a lot of scrolling required to find what you want.
    Yes, but,

Sometimes while you are scrolling and scrolling for something you "want",
    You may just trip over something u "need".
    :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Yes, but,

Sometimes while you are scrolling and scrolling for something you "want",
    You may just trip over something u "need".
    :-/

Maybe that's the point of so little organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

It's like when supermarkets rearrange their shelves - I'm convinced they do it to make you look in every aisle, in the hope that you'll purchase something new!
    Collections:

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0