Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By bchaplin
  • 1 Post By bunchgrass
  • 1 Post By bchaplin
  • 1 Post By Vecturist
  • 3 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By Walker

Thread: 3d cube as purse

3d cube as purse

Someone posted earlier a picture showing the steel parapack 3D cube used in place of a Side Effect. It tempted me to buy one. Wish I could find that post again. Anyway, the steel is lovely, and the cube fits very well in the bags I'm taking on my tiny commuter plane today. Thanks to whoever came up with the idea!

@bchaplin My guess is that the post you are looking for is from @SuzanM Turned my 3D Clear Organizer Cube inside out

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-14-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I downsized from my SE to the all-fabric 3d organizer cube. Works great! The 3d cube holds an organizer wallet, keys. a couple pens and my cell phone. It also fits easily into a Co-Pilot, shop bag or backpack. When I need it, I can just grab it and go.

ETA - not sure whose idea it was. I've been using the 3d org cube as a mini-purse for a while.
    Last edited by bunchgrass; 06-14-2014 at 09:17 AM.
    eWalker likes this.

Yes, that was it!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @bchaplin My guess is that the post you are looking for is from @SuzanM Turned my 3D Clear Organizer Cube inside out

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I believe Lani also mentioned using the 3D organizer cube as a purse here - Solution to NFL Football Arenas Instituting Strict Bag Rules The Travelite FAQ
    eWalker likes this.

I am not shure if small women can do this but I often use a 3D Orginzer Cube as a stomach-bag as we Germans say. I use the shoulderstrap of a SE for that and shorten it till its nearly "doubled". And this way it fits arount my waist. The bag is so small that no wider hipbelt is needed. And it fits my MP3-Player my Galaxy note II and tempos with a little space to spare.

I have been using the 3DOC as a purse since I first got one. I cut off the hook, filed the end where I cut off the hook to make a triangle thing to clip my keys to.

I still use it as such on my daily walks, when I am carrying keys, OW and phone only. Or when it is drizzling. I got caught in a downpour one time, and my stuff inside of the 3D cube were dry. I trust the 3D cube more than the SE when the weather is wet. I do enjoy walking in the rain :)

I also use the 3D cube as a wallet on occasion - but it is big for that. I wish it had a smaller version or better yet that TB design a 3D organizer wallet. Maybe one day :)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0